Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Writing A POPLA Appeal For Highview
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Paddyathome
Hi All,

I submitted my challenge to Highview on the 24th June 2013 so am currently awaiting their response.

As I go away on holiday in the next week or so I need to start putting together my appeal so just thought I would ask what needs to go into the appeal and in what order?

I have been reading up on both this site and MSE so think I can find the sort of things I need, just needs a bit of time and patience I think so if anyone can help out will a list of bullet point I am sure I can fill in the details as required.

I think my main attack will be over the extra posters placed in the car park (pic attached) and the wording on the retail park website about Tesco parking (pic attached).

Waiting in anticipation

Paddy
Umkomaas
QUOTE (Paddyathome @ Wed, 26 Jun 2013 - 11:42) *
Hi All,

I submitted my challenge to Highview on the 24th June 2013 so am currently awaiting their response.

As I go away on holiday in the next week or so I need to start putting together my appeal so just thought I would ask what needs to go into the appeal and in what order?

I have been reading up on both this site and MSE so think I can find the sort of things I need, just needs a bit of time and patience I think so if anyone can help out will a list of bullet point I am sure I can fill in the details as required.

I think my main attack will be over the extra posters placed in the car park (pic attached) and the wording on the retail park website about Tesco parking (pic attached).

Waiting in anticipation

Paddy

Paddy, unless you're going away for a lengthy stay then there's no panic.

Highview has 35 days to deal with your appeal and provide a POPLA code; you then have 28 days to prepare and submit your appeal to POPLA.

Here is one mega POPLA appeal, that just about covers the world and his wife in appeal terms, so a bit of holiday reading. You can copy and paste any appropriate part and adapt to your particular circumstances.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry827429

The one issue I would also be focusing on is the fact that Tesco, the Principal in the contract confirm that this is a 'FINE' (which no private organisation can issue) and is unenforceable in law. The 'FINE' is further confirmed by St Stephen's car park, which incidentally has Police Accredited Parking approval (surprised the police didn't see the illegal use of the word 'FINE' when doing their checks) !
SevenTowers
QUOTE (Umkomaas @ Wed, 26 Jun 2013 - 12:22) *
QUOTE (Paddyathome @ Wed, 26 Jun 2013 - 11:42) *
Hi All,

Waiting in anticipation

Paddy

Paddy, unless you're going away for a lengthy stay then there's no panic.

Highview has 35 days to deal with your appeal and provide a POPLA code; you then have 28 days to prepare and submit your appeal to POPLA.

Here is one mega POPLA appeal, that just about covers the world and his wife in appeal terms, so a bit of holiday reading. You can copy and paste any appropriate part and adapt to your particular circumstances.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry827429

The one issue I would also be focusing on is the fact that Tesco, the Principal in the contract confirm that this is a 'FINE' (which no private organisation can issue) and is unenforceable in law. The 'FINE' is further confirmed by St Stephen's car park, which incidentally has Police Accredited Parking approval (surprised the police didn't see the illegal use of the word 'FINE' when doing their checks) !

Hi Paddy,
Rather than starting a new thread, please continue on your previous thread, unless this is a new incident, as it helps reduce the confusion, I believe this is it'

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...80277&st=20

Good Luck with the appeal!
Paddyathome
Hi SevenTowers yes it is but I thought we had to start a new thread when doing POPLa appeals.

If it needs moving how do I do that?

Paddy
SevenTowers
QUOTE (Paddyathome @ Wed, 26 Jun 2013 - 13:03) *
Hi SevenTowers yes it is but I thought we had to start a new thread when doing POPLa appeals.

If it needs moving how do I do that?

Paddy

Just click on the link in my previous post and add copy and paste your post from this thread into your original thread, it's best to keep one thread per case and one case per thread so it can be follwed in a logical manner through the process.

Don't send your appeal to Popla until one of the regulars on here has approved it. Umkomass gives sound advice
Paddyathome
Hi

Can one of the admin's please transfer this topic to my original topic Highview Parking at Tesco, Overstay Charge as suggested by Seven Towers.

I will then ask for help in producing my POPLA appeal of which I have made a start on whilst awaiting a response from Highview

Thanks

Paddy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.