Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No news, help?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
mooreash
basically got send a nip at my old address, i returned it with my name and new address...

a few weeks later received a form at my new address....

Lots happened in between, trips away for work etc, dont think i ever sent it back and have heard nothing since??

Do i call them? TBH im a little scared now!!

This was in Jan BTW
StuartBu
QUOTE (mooreash @ Mon, 24 Jun 2013 - 21:54) *
basically got send a nip at my old address, i returned it with my name and new address...

a few weeks later received a form at my new address....

Lots happened in between, trips away for work etc, dont think i ever sent it back and have heard nothing since??

Do i call them? TBH im a little scared now!!

This was in Jan BTW

I take it the first was asking who the driver was . So you hadn't advised DVLA of your new address ..Have you done so since .
The second form you received ....you say "don't think I ever sent it back " why don't you know ??
BaggieBoy
You may have turned a simple 3 points and £60 (or a course) into 6 points and a large fine. Best you get thinking.
Jlc
What's the alleged offence? I presume speeding - what speed and limit?
mooreash
Ok, so i didnt send the second form back... and yes the first one was asking for the driver which i sent back with the new address...

Up until 2 weeks ago i had access to the old property and there was nothing to do with this there and has been nothing at the new address...
it was for a red light camera...

what do i need to do now?

yes i know i was stupid but forgot all about it and now i dont know where the old letter is etc!
The Rookie
May as well wait for the almost inevitable summons and keep your fingers crossed that they are one of the counties that summons for speeding as well so you can cough to that instead of the failure to furnish (which can hit insurance premiums quite badly....)
Logician
I don't know why people are talking about a s172 offence when the OP states ".....the first one was asking for the driver which i sent back with the new address..." So he has nominated himself as the driver. What he has not done is responded to the second letter which may have contained any offer of a fixed penalty (or course). I think there is nothing to be lost by contacting the police who may be able to trace the case even without the reference number, and possibly he might still be in time for a fixed penalty.
Jlc
Indeed, still 3 points at court but larger fine and some costs/surcharge. Will be able to plead guilty by post but definitely worth chasing to try and avoid court...
Transit man
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Tue, 25 Jun 2013 - 06:50) *
May as well wait for the almost inevitable summons and keep your fingers crossed that they are one of the counties that summons for speeding as well so you can cough to that instead of the failure to furnish (which can hit insurance premiums quite badly....)

That would be strange for a red light offence biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.