Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PE 1st Appeal sent through website
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
bananabrain
Hello all, I'm really hoping someone here can advise me please.

Received a PCN from Parking Eye for allegedly staying over the time paid at a pay and display. It was a machine you had to put your number plate in. I have searched high and low for the ticket in the car but it's gone! I am pretty sure we made it back to the car in time, then it started raining so we ate our picnic in the car (with 3 kids, moaning and hungry) and I think this is when we went 'over'. The PCN does not say either.

There is a photo of my car with the time going IN and a photo with the time going OUT. (I THINK we paid for 2 or 3 hours and the overstay was either 1HR35 mins or just 35 mins). Anyway, I had no idea we were being filmed! I can remember seeing a yellow sign but have no idea what the wording was and we were on holiday, a good 2 hours drive away, so I wont be able to go back to check if it was adequate or not! They want £100 out of me, reduced to £60 if I pay within 14 days! This was in England in June and I received it within about 10 days of the car picnic.

Following recent advice, I chose not to ignore and have sent an appeal through their website. It wasn't an email, just a form that you fill out on the website and submit. I wrote the usual stuff about the amount of the charge, can they send me proof of a contract with landowner blah blah and that they have to issue me with a POPLA code within 35 days. It was mostly copied sentences and probably too long. I have not had any confirmation that they have received it (less than a week ago).

I realise it's too early to expect a reply from them but from reading about these cowboys, I'm feeling paranoid that they are going to say they did not receive anything from me.

Should I send a letter of appeal in the post confirming what I wrote on their appeals page? Or am I just being too paranoid?

When/if they do issue me with a POPLA code, will I have a good chance of winning with an appeal to POPLA and would someone on here be willing to help me please?

Please let me know your honest opinions and if I have missed any bits of info. I would really appreciate any advice.

Thankyou

kirkbyinfurnesslad
When you get the rejection send me a pm and I shalk help you with your popla appeal.

It would do no harm putting in post if it eases your mind
bus_driver
My first appeal was by email, they rejected within 2 weeks.
bananabrain
QUOTE (kirkbyinfurnesslad @ Thu, 20 Jun 2013 - 20:00) *
When you get the rejection send me a pm and I shalk help you with your popla appeal.

It would do no harm putting in post if it eases your mind

Thankyou so much for the offer help

Have received the letter from Parking Eye, along with a POPLA code, informing me my appeal was unsuccessful. They have given me a list of costs which they believe are a 'genuine pre-estimate of loss as we incur significant costs in managing this car park'. Also with the letter is a list of FAQ's informing me how I formed a contract, how they can enforce a parking charge for contract breaches, that the charge is fair and reasonable, along with lots of references to court cases.

Don't know where to start with this

Will now PM kirkbyinfurnesslad for some help
DBC
But those "costs" occur even if nobody breaks their "rules". Once again a PPC is confusing day-to-day running costs and fixed expenses with losses caused by this incident.
nigelbb
Their FAQs may tell you how you formed a contract but I bet they don't tell you who you formed that contract with.

They like to try & include the regular "cost of doing business" items like wages & stamps as losses but the only possible genuine loss in a Pay & Display car park is the actual parking charge (£1/hour or whatever) plus the £2.50 to purchase the registered keeper details from the DVLA. However even that £2.50 is arguable if it's a free car park as they have a duty to minimise their losses & as their losses are zero before contacting the DVLA then paying £2.50 is a self-inflicted loss that they could avoid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.