Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clamped for a PCN I fought for but never received a reply to
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Mineralmind
Hi my fighting fam wink.gif

Thanks for your advice on my last post. Still a newbie on this sight, but very pleased to be on here.

To my topic:

About a year ago my car was clamped in the driveway by bailiffs, for an "unpaid" pcn issued by Barking & Dagenham council A YEAR EARLIER. I fought this PCN tooth and nail then eventually heard nothing from them. I assumed (even after emailing them to find out what's the latest) that the case had been closed and all could get on with their lives!

The deceptive devils then sent their cronies to do their dirty work for them. They were paid almost £900 for my car!!! I was fuming (understatement) and called them up immediately, to which I was passed on to an ignoramus who wanted to argue for the sake of it and couldn't reply to any of my questions! She then said the manager would ring me by the next day to discuss it. Of course she didn't call, so I did, Again only to be met with "sorry sir she's not available, we'll get her to call you back". I'm sure I emailed them a couple of times, but didn't get any joy.

I eventually gave up, assuming I'd reached a dead end.

My question to you all is:

Is there any chance of me being able to recover that money? If so, how?

Thanks

Incandescent
Look up 'bailiifadviceonline' on the internet. Small fee payable, but nothing like £900.

It does sound like despite fighting them "tooth and nail", you didn't actually follow the correct procedure for appealing. Did you appeal to the adjudicator ? This is the final event in the appeal process, and if you lost then you have to pay up.
Mineralmind
It didn't even reach the adjudicator! They wouldn't even reply to me after certain duration of correspondence.

What's the likelyhood of getting that cash back?
Incandescent
http://www.bailiffadviceonline.co.uk/

You need to speak to them. If you post up the documents you received with date, we can see where it has all gone wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.