Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Misleading Sign
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
sc5cc
I parked in this area between the times of 8am - 6pm thinking I was entitled to do so. I ended up with a ticket saying otherwise. I've attached a picture of the sign, what do people think?

Thanks
Steve

Hippocrates
Post all PCN scrubbed.
StuartBu
Permit Holders only allowed to park between 08:00 and 18:00 Hrs from Monday to Saturday .

You could possibly argue the "permit holders only " bit should be at the top but dunno if there is a specific way they need to be set out .

Dunno what the B is but probably to indicate a section or perhaps Permits beginning with a B
welshman10
08:00 - 18:00 Mon-Sat everyone parks
Permit Holders park in Zone B only

???

It's a bit ambiguous to say the least
StuartBu
QUOTE (welshman10 @ Tue, 18 Jun 2013 - 12:37) *
08:00 - 18:00 Mon-Sat everyone parks
Permit Holders park in Zone B only

???

It's a bit ambiguous to say the least

And already Thee and Mee read it differently ..lol
Hippocrates
PCN, TMO CEO Notes and photos.
triplem
Even if the guys here cannot help, appeal everything, even to just clog up the system.

Nothing to lose for an informal appeal.
hcandersen
Not correct.

Although it is commonplace for authorities to re-offer the discount if informal reps are submitted:

1. authorities are not obliged to do so and if they choose to do so this will be stated on the reverse of the PCN;
2. invariably, this discretion is limited to challenges submitted within the 14-day discount period only.

But we don't know where the OP is because we haven't seen the PCN.

Forget the sign, it's substantially compliant with the governing regs.
Hippocrates
If it complies with the TMO.
Chaseman
Stuart has it right in #3. The B will be a reference to a particular CPZ i.e. only the holders of permits for that particular zone will be allowed to park between those hours. Outside of 0800 - 1800 Mon - Sat anyone can park. The signage appears clear enough but as others have already said we need to see the PCN and photos of the site to see whether there are other flaws that can be exploited.
sc5cc
PCN pics attached

PCN pics attached
Incandescent
Sign looks clear enough, in fact very clear, and PCN looks OK. Can't see any appeal succeeding here, but others may disagree, so wait a little bit before deciding what to do.
SchoolRunMum
Except that the bay is not a 'residents' or shared use bay' so the contravention did not occur.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.