Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Civil Enforcement parking charge notice
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Squeak1976
Advice please?

My car was parked at a newly built Costa Coffee for 2 hours a few weeks ago. There were signs saying maximum stay 90 minutes but the driver stupidly thought it wouldn't count if they was inside buying breakfast and drinking coffee. The signs in the car park had such small writing on it detailing the charge that they didnt realise they would get fined. The sign inside Costa said to ask the staff if longer was needed but the queue was out of the door and as there were loads of other car parking spaces, it didn't seem necessary.
Last week I got a parking charge notice for £150 for the car being parked there for over 90 minutes. I'm astounded.

I've read loads of post about ignoring, appealing etc etc and I just don't know what to do for the best? It just seems such a huge amount of money for 2 hours parking.

Do I ignore or appeal? Any help would be appreciated please.

Thanks
southpaw82
Appeal. If (when) they reject you should get a code to go to POPLA. This will cost them (not you) £27 + VAT. Good eh?
Jlc
As a genuine customer go back to the store and tell them to cancel it - they should have the power from what you've said.

If not, appeal as noted - say almost anything as they'll reject. CE hate giving out POPLA codes.
Broadsword
CEL have been recently sending NtKs outside the 14 days,

What was the date of the alleged contravention
What is the date on the NtK
When did you receive it
Squeak1976
I'm not really sure what a Ntk is!!

The notice I got through the post is dated 6th June and states May 15th that I was parked there which is correct. Is this the Ntk?

Thanks for your help smile.gif
Umkomaas
QUOTE (Squeak1976 @ Fri, 14 Jun 2013 - 06:50) *
I'm not really sure what a Ntk is!!

The notice I got through the post is dated 6th June and states May 15th that I was parked there which is correct. Is this the Ntk?

Thanks for your help smile.gif

Notice to Keeper.

Was it an ANPR camera system?

If so, date-wise, they've shot themselves in the foot. Needs to be sent within 14 days of event. Plus, £150 outside BPA maximum.

But you do need to appeal in order to get a POPLA code so you can get this cancelled. CEL have become a bit litigious of late.

Have a read of some of the recent posts and get a feel for 'soft' appeals to a PPC; come back if you need any help with it - but not until you've got yourself a bit more familiar with this stuff
Broadsword
Squeak1976

You have a PM please respond asap
kirkbyinfurnesslad
I may be wrong but i thought CEL was all ANPR

When you do appeal the ticket, you need to advise in the letter that this is your final position and you will not enter in to any manager/tea boy reviews (obviously follow Broadswords advice by pm though)
Squeak1976
Hi, will scan the notice when I get to work and email it over later today.

Thanks very much for your help smile.gif
Squeak1976
Thanks to the amazing help I've received, my fine is cancelled!

I'm still pursuing formal complaints from IOC and DVLA so will update as soon as I've heard anything.

Many many thanks xx
Umkomaas
QUOTE (Squeak1976 @ Sun, 14 Jul 2013 - 08:46) *
Thanks to the amazing help I've received, my fine is cancelled!

I'm still pursuing formal complaints from IOC and DVLA so will update as soon as I've heard anything.

Many many thanks xx

Any details of why ticket was cancelled, please? It will give the forum much needed information that we could use to help others in a similar situation to you.
Squeak1976
The letter just says 'we refer to recent communications with this office regarding your parking contravention enforcement notice, we can confirm this notice has been cancelled'

No reasons why but from the information that was given to me from a particularly helpful person off this website, I'm quite they realised they were in the wrong!

I can't believe I was actually going to pay it, I'm so grateful I fell upon this website smile.gif
Umkomaas
QUOTE (Squeak1976 @ Sun, 14 Jul 2013 - 09:07) *
The letter just says 'we refer to recent communications with this office regarding your parking contravention enforcement notice, we can confirm this notice has been cancelled'

No reasons why but from the information that was given to me from a particularly helpful person off this website, I'm quite they realised they were in the wrong!

I can't believe I was actually going to pay it, I'm so grateful I fell upon this website smile.gif

Thanks for response - and well done on getting the cancelation.

Just as an aside - I don't believe that any PPC thinks they are 'in the wrong' ....... EVER biggrin.gif
BeautyLady57
Advice needed please;

I recieved a Parking Charge notice in the post from Civil Enforcement Ltd and would like some advice on if it is legitimate or not. Have been reading previous post and many saying not to pay.
Has anyone else come into contact with them recently and how did they deal with it, or did you simply pay up?

Thank you
ManxRed
How recent? This thread is only three days old.

My advice would be to start your own thread, it makes giving advice less complicated if we have one case/one thread. Use the 'New Topic' button at the top of the forum.
Jlc
QUOTE (BeautyLady57 @ Wed, 17 Jul 2013 - 11:06) *
Advice needed please;

I recieved a Parking Charge notice in the post from Civil Enforcement Ltd and would like some advice on if it is legitimate or not. Have been reading previous post and many saying not to pay.
Has anyone else come into contact with them recently and how did they deal with it, or did you simply pay up?

Thank you

Firstly start your own thread for specific advice. We need a little more detail but not anything that identifies your case.
Broadsword
QUOTE (BeautyLady57 @ Wed, 17 Jul 2013 - 11:06) *
Advice needed please;

Thank you

You've got a PM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.