Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mobile Speed Camera
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
mroberts29
Hi,

Today I received a letter stating I had been captured doing 60 mph in a 50mph zone last Friday 7/6. This was a mobile speed camera and I was sitting behind another car so didn't see the camera until I knew it would have been too late but my first reaction was to look at my speed and think thank god I had set my cruise control to 50 mph.

I am adamant I am innocent on this occasion and want to fight it but after reading some of the articles on this site I'm still not sure on what my chances would be. Can anyone help me understand what my next steps should be and how I could go about winning this if it goes to court.

Thanks, Michael
Jlc
Firstly at the moment they are requesting the identity of the driver (for the alleged offence).

In this period (28 days) you should ask for photo's to assist in the identification of the driver - they usually supply under this ruse. Additionally, the photo's may contain the 'money shot' showing the capture including the speed and distance etc.

A 'cruise control' defence won't work - many systems allow you accelerate past the setting and also can accelerate down hill. But one step at a time...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.