Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking ticket in Loading Goods space, whilst loading goods...
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
lucasmeister
Hello

Today I had to move out of my old flat so hired a van. There is a loading zone which has a sign saying "Loading Goods Only". I spent a couple of hours getting stuff in the lift, taking to ground floor and putting in the van. Once I was done, I went to drive off and noticed I got a parking ticket from the council.

Ticket states; "Parked in a loading place during restricted hours without loading" and the observation time was a duration of 15mins.

I was actually loading and just because I didn't open the van for 15 mins they assume im not.

Theres no other signs about and the sign in question doesnt say anything about restricted loading hours.

They also left a note (handwritten) saying I had been there since 8.45am. I did not pick up the van until 9.15 and can prove it, although I'm not sure I can use this in my case as it was handwritten & not official.

Do I have a case or should I just pay up?

In my eyes this is unfair, although please appreciate I know nothing about this kind of thing so I may well be wrong.

Thanks in advance smile.gif
Incandescent
You must immediately appeal stating the circumstances as done here. Quite plainly the offence did no occur, but submit copies of anything to prove loading, which can be witness statements and hire van receipts. However with the greed of councils, you may have to take it to adjudication. The fact it is a hire van may complicate things as the Notice to Owner will go to the hire company.
Bogsy
Ask the council for the CEO's on street log record for that day. It is highly unlikely observation was constant for 15 mins. More likely is that you were logged at 11.36 but the CEO then proceeded to observe other vehicles during the 15 minute observation period. If this is proven to be the case then the 15 min observation period was not continous and who's to say he didn't miss you loading. When you appeal get as many legitimate written statements of witness as you can. If the property is rented then there should be evidence that the tenantcy ended around that period and so on the balance of probability you should be able to convince an adjudicator that you were parked for the purpose of loading.
DastardlyDick
Might I suggest that the OP removes the pictures he posted as they clearly show his vehicle's registration number, and then reposts them after suitable redaction?

Having had a quick look on Google Street View, I can't see any bays along Desborough Road in High Wycombe that match the OPs description, although I do appreciate the fact that GSV isn't totally up to date.

I see that Bucks County Council have contracted out their CPE to NSL Ltd, which may account for the over zealous Parking Enforcement as I believe that NSL (allegedly) set quotas for the number of PCNs issued per shift.
lucasmeister
QUOTE (DastardlyDick @ Mon, 10 Jun 2013 - 09:29) *
Might I suggest that the OP removes the pictures he posted as they clearly show his vehicle's registration number, and then reposts them after suitable redaction?

Having had a quick look on Google Street View, I can't see any bays along Desborough Road in High Wycombe that match the OPs description, although I do appreciate the fact that GSV isn't totally up to date.

I see that Bucks County Council have contracted out their CPE to NSL Ltd, which may account for the over zealous Parking Enforcement as I believe that NSL (allegedly) set quotas for the number of PCNs issued per shift.

This is where I was loading

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=hp112fe&am...353.93,,0,13.95

I was loading from the flat behind the vans.

SchoolRunMum
Perfectly reasonable to appeal this then as you couldn't have parked nearer and are allowed to load there (and if loading alone, taking items upstairs and into premises, you can hardly be at the van all the time).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.