Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 57 in 40 - Avon & Somerset
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
psychy
Asking on behalf of a friend.

1. England
2. Avon and Somerset (NIP sent by Safecam Partnership)
3. 28/09/2005
4. 05/10/2005
5. 07/10/2005
6. No - Friend
7. First Class
8. I'm not the registered keeper. My friend's mum is.
9. Both my friend and her mum holds UK License
10. Friend's Mum = 9, Friend = 0
11. Her mum went over the limit - plain and simple.

Her mum was driving through the M4 Westbound Junction 18. There were temporary roadworks which meant a reduced speed limit of 40mph.
Her mum totally forgot and drove faster than that.

However, her mum can not take the 3 points as she already has 9. She will get a totting-up ban of one year, correct??
I've explained the PACE letter to them but they would not have a clue if summoned to court.....

Would it be possible to my friend to accept the blame for this? She has a clean license and would be willing to take the 3 points. HOWEVER, she is NOT insured on the car.

What would be the consequences of her taking the blame and the scammers finding she has no insurance?
How likely are they to search through insurance records on the drivers??

Thanks a lot on behalf of friend.

Psychy
avonne
Nobody on this forum will condone your 'friend taking the points' if it is not the truth.
psychy
QUOTE (avonne)
Nobody on this forum will condone your 'friend taking the points' if it is not the truth.

I know...i dont condone it either. If her mum did the crime, she should do the time!

But as a friend, I just want to give her all the info i can really. I've expressed  my opinion to her already...nowt else i can do really.
Rallyman72
Technically this is Perverting the course of Justice and is subject to, potentially, a custodial sentence.

As an example of a slightly lower penalty see this thread where what you suggest was done and found out. BOTH parties were found guilty and sentenced to be tagged and to do large (200 & 240 hours) community service sentences.
nigeldunne64
And of course with the changes brought in by this Government BOTH could get banned for 12 months for this!! See the numpty who tried to torch an already damaged GATSO who got banned from driving for Criminal damage.
Much better that she submits a PACE statement - A&S are getting a few these days  :wink:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.