Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Variable Speed Limit M42/M6
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
carly.s
Hey there,

So this morning I was on my way back from work around 8:30am coming off M42 J4a 60 mph on overhead gantries and joined M6 J5 still 60, approached another gantry which the speed suddenly dropped to 40mph, no traffic either!

I found it hard to slam on the breaks and drop down to 40 so quickly, not sure of the exact speed I was doing but I reckon it was in the 50s...obviously with it being light I didn't see anything flash nor did I check in my mirror to see if there was a camera.

Whats the chances I'll get something through the post unsure.gif
3phase278
If you are the Registered keeper you should be contacted within 14 days assuming there were cameras mounted upon the gantry showing the "40"

look on google street view to double check (although some images are out of date) - also I don't get which gantry you are referring to as J4a m42 doesn't lead to M6 ?

These M42 HADECS cameras are very active - and I know what you mean about slamming to 40, but it has to be done as most regular drivers I see also do.

If you get anything in the post, then post back here filling in the NIP wizard.

cheers and fingers crossed you went under a non camera gantry
Jlc
There's a delay (1 minute from memory) when the limit changes before a lower limit is enforced.
carly.s
QUOTE (3phase278 @ Wed, 5 Jun 2013 - 14:53) *
If you are the Registered keeper you should be contacted within 14 days assuming there were cameras mounted upon the gantry showing the "40"

look on google street view to double check (although some images are out of date) - also I don't get which gantry you are referring to as J4a m42 doesn't lead to M6 ?

These M42 HADECS cameras are very active - and I know what you mean about slamming to 40, but it has to be done as most regular drivers I see also do.

If you get anything in the post, then post back here filling in the NIP wizard.

cheers and fingers crossed you went under a non camera gantry

Thanks for the reply, I was coming off the M42 to join M6 (n) so maybe it was J5 unsure.gif I'm going to check on google maps and see if I can see anything hopefully there's nothing on there fingers crossed but as it's my daily drive from work I can check tomorrow and also be extra careful.

Thank you!
Sgt Pepper
There isn't a 4a, it's junction 7.
carly.s
QUOTE (Sgt Pepper @ Wed, 5 Jun 2013 - 18:21) *
There isn't a 4a, it's junction 7.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.