Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP: County Court Claim form received - Parking Eye
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Joey187
Hi, I've just received a county claim form from Northampton County Court in the post RE: Parking Eye.

I have received letters including the charge as well as the debt recovery plus since the date it took place. It's a 90 min free parking car park in London and I over stayed by 10 mins even though I was using the shops located on the private parking premises.

I have ignored all the letters, but filed them away just in case and as previously stated, I received the county court papers today. Included in the pack was:

1) Claim Form
2) Response Pack
3) Admission (specified amount)
4) Defence and Counterclaim (specified amount)

Charging for overstaying 10 mins in a free car park when I was using the services. It's ridiculous.

I really need help as I don't Know what my next step should be.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Jlc
If you have receipts from the stores in question there might be a specific angle.

They monitor this forum so don't mention any specific details.

You need to acknowledge the claim and ask for additional time to submit a defence. You will be defending in full (no counterclaim).

In hindsight you should have appealed (although the advice was to ignore at the time) - but you will see them off.

There's quite a few claims today as you've probably noticed - hold on for one of the regulars to hopefully pm you shortly.
Joey187
Thanks for the swift response, Jic.

As you say, the advice was to ignore so I went ahead with that. I don't have the receipts as it was quite a while back (although after 1st Oct 2012).

I won't post any specifics at all. I know the deal with trailing the forums looking for victims. Can I do the AoS electronically through MoneyClaim.gov?

Thanks.
Joey187
Completing the AoS online and it gives me the option to Contest the Jurisdiction?

Should I contest it or not?

I apologise, but I'm not a layer or anything so I'm trying to not cock anything up.
ManxRed
No, you wouldn't contest the jurisdiction.

You're basically agreeing that the court is a proper forum in which the claim can be heard.

Jlc
...indeed and ultimately it will be allocated to the small claims track.
Joey187
I did the AoS online. Not sure what the next step is. I'll wait for one of the resident experts to provide guidance on that.

Thanks again...
Joey187
Sorry to bump... Hoping this post will be seen by one of the experts and help provide some guidance.
kirkbyinfurnesslad
Someone should hopefully be along in the next day or two, very swamped at the moment with cases,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.