Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yellow box Contravention number 31
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
guvdave123
Hey guys, I received this ticket and was quite surprised by it. Been driving this route for 3 years and never had a ticket..

Basically what happen was the guy behind me wanted to go left so I let him go by moving into the box knowing I wont be blocking the junction. Must of been stopped a few seconds max.

Anyway would be good if I can avoid paying this ticket as I feel its quite unfair.

Thank you
Much appreciated
EDW
need to see the video.
Hippocrates
Post page 2 of PCN as it will probably be seriously non-compliant.
Incandescent
How long were you stopped ? 5 or 6 seconds has won adjudications on de minimis. Only the video will tell you the stop time in seconds so view it.
guvdave123

I was only in the box for 10 seconds max I believe if not less....

My dads the owner of the car but I'm second driver... don't want to go to the office as I am going to have to get him to come with me.

Thanks
SchoolRunMum
I think the driver can view it on behalf of the owner of the car. You do need to see their 'evidence' or you are doing this blind.
Hippocrates
PCN page 2 has sorted one of the issues but still limits to one ground. Legislation states "one or other of the grounds" 2130012319 and 2120030405 - review of latter only and disregard the 28 days reps period as they have corrected it.

http://www.patasregistersofappeals.org.uk/

Re viewing, you nee a written letter of authorisation from the owner if you are going to view.
guvdave123
My pops is Ill so don't want to worry him with petty issues. I guess I will just pay the fine. Thanks anyway for all the replies.
Hippocrates
Your money, your choice. You should at least appeal it first!
guvdave123
QUOTE (Hippocrates @ Thu, 30 May 2013 - 12:38) *
Your money, your choice. You should at least appeal it first!

I don't have money to waste but kind of stuck on how to appeal this...

I just saw the driver behind me wanting to turn left so i thought I will just move forward... soo frustrating but i suppose common sense doesn't apply to the law.

Incandescent
Rolling over and paying early is why the current feeding frenzy of PCNs for trivial offences is able to continue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.