Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First debt collecting agency letter
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
RichMB
HI there
I had a parking ticket issued by car parking partnerships last year that I ignored - after reading this forum as a guest. This morning I received a letter from paypsandp , appointed debt collectors demanding £96. Should I pay or can I ignore this too.
Thanks in advance
Rich
Umkomaas
QUOTE (RichMB @ Thu, 23 May 2013 - 11:15) *
HI there
I had a parking ticket issued by car parking partnerships last year that I ignored - after reading this forum as a guest. This morning I received a letter from paypsandp , appointed debt collectors demanding £96. Should I pay or can I ignore this too.
Thanks in advance
Rich

You can pay if you want to pay, but as you've been ignoring everything else to date, I guess you haven't wanted to and still don't want to. The forum is about fighting back.

Debt Collectors' letters are a (boringly) predictable part of the scam and can be ignored (they are not bailiffs, even though they might try to give that impression); they won't 'send the boys around' and they can't seize goods. You may get one or two more letters from them, perhaps trying to portray an even more 'threatening' stance, but still ignore.

As you are beyond the POPLA appeal stage (date-wise), you are on the ignore track, so continue in that mode, UNLESS you get Small Claims Court letters, which MUST NOT be ignored. Come back here if you get any.
RichMB
Thanks for the advice, reassuring. Will carry on. Keep up the good work.
Rich
SchoolRunMum
QUOTE (RichMB @ Thu, 23 May 2013 - 11:15) *
HI there
Thanks in advance
Rich

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...40&start=40

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4101777

HTH
Robin Friday
Get used to it! I posted in another thread about this but I've had 12 letters from PS&P so far and that is AFTER the ones from CPP.....for one ticket!! It will go on and on and on...
PedroStephano
Rats and double rats! I just got a "we'll be sending the boys around in a week" letter today from paypsandp and quickly checked here as it was letter number three that I was intending to ignore. I'm very disappointed to find out that this is not a record, but heartened to hear that there will be more to swell the folder that I'm keeping for reference.

Yes, I'm on the "ignore" pathway. Thanks pepipoo.
Robin Friday
QUOTE (PedroStephano @ Wed, 12 Jun 2013 - 12:15) *
Rats and double rats! I just got a "we'll be sending the boys around in a week" letter today from paypsandp and quickly checked here as it was letter number three that I was intending to ignore. I'm very disappointed to find out that this is not a record, but heartened to hear that there will be more to swell the folder that I'm keeping for reference.

Yes, I'm on the "ignore" pathway. Thanks pepipoo.

It all went quiet for a few months for me and they've now started up again. Interestingly though the latest letter cuts off in mid sentence along the lines of "External collectors will be attending for the purpose of" and then just stops. I thought it sounded familiar so I dug out an old letter from them from last year and, sure enough, it's exactly the same letter but with the following cut off the end... "assessing goods that could be removed by County Court Bailiffs". I'm guessing that even suggesting they have any authority to do that (which they, of course, do not) is a major no-no so they've cut it off the letter.

Have to say though that this has been going on for a long time now as the original ticket was back in October 2011 so don't imagine your letterbox will get any peace and quiet any time soon!
RichMB
Thanks for support. After a string of ps&p letters, they are one threatening a doorstep collection within 7 days. Am I right to still ignore?
Rich
Gan
In the unlikely event that they turn up, you tell them the debt is denied and to refer it back to CPP

If they don't turn up, you'll know it was an empty threat
bama
If they turn up without making a prior appointment the OfT will take a dim view of them.
thats just one of the reasons they won't
another is --- drumroll--- DCAs know they have no powers
SchoolRunMum
QUOTE (RichMB @ Fri, 28 Jun 2013 - 17:17) *
Thanks for support. After a string of ps&p letters, they are one threatening a doorstep collection within 7 days. Am I right to still ignore?
Rich

No-one will come round to collect anything, let alone your doorstep! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.