Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No hi-viz?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Metalligator
I was driving through a village and just rolled over the speed limit down a hill.
I saw someone dressed in black lower what he was holding and beckon me to pull over, it wasn't till I was close I noticed he was a police officer as when he was holding the mobile speed gun his arms covered his chest/logos.
His car was no where to be seen so can only assume he had hidden it out of view pr he had been dropped there as he was alone.

I was under the impression that to use a gun outside his vehicle he had to wear a hi-viz but didn't want to start asking/pushing.

He issued me with an awareness course rather than a speeding ticket which I don't mind doing but don't want others being caught by this guy.

Amy ideas?
Jlc
It's good practice/guidance (for his own safety) but no requirement.
southpaw82
QUOTE (Metalligator @ Wed, 22 May 2013 - 19:25) *
I was under the impression that to use a gun outside his vehicle he had to wear a hi-viz but didn't want to start asking/pushing.

What makes you think that? Is there any sensible reason why that would be a requirement, as opposed to a good idea?
Metalligator
Most speed cameras over here are supposed to be a deterrent to speeding and had heard somewhere that they had to wear one that's why they park up and aim them out the window.
I'd never seen one without one before so to me was out of the ordinary.
As I was approaching all I could see was a man dressed in black looking down the scope of something, it wasn't until I pulled in that I actually could tell he was a police officer, I almost didn't.
led zep
As has been stated it is certainly best practice to wear hi-viz vest in order to be seen.However this does not negate the issue of a penalty notice for ESL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.