Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TSR Parking Management
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
WhoMe?
Hello all - I'm hoping those in the know could offer me some advice please?

I recently had to run into town literally for about 30 seconds and parked my vehicle in an area at the back of some shops. There were multiple other free spaces (not lined out by the way) and I caused no obstruction. I got about 25 feet from my car when I was nearly knocked over by a man in the regulation hi-vis jacket as he virtually ran out of the alleyway I was then entering. I went out of sight for literally (no lie!) 20 seconds, checked what I needed to check, and was back at my car in well under a minute. There was the 'Attendant' at my car who told me "You're getting a ticket for not having a permit". I explained I'd been less than a minute as he'd passed me a short distance away and was told that we're not the council, we don't have to give you any time. I explained my reasons for being in town and why I'd parked where I had and he said that he didn't care, it's private property and there's signs everywhere. My passenger (who was in the car while it was parked) said he'd come over to the car immediately upon leaving the alleyway as if he'd had a tip-off (probably from CCTV) that the car was parked there, it wasn't like he strolled past and noticed it. The 'Enforcement Notice' has the location missing (as he was in such a hurry to complete it) - he'd only written the index number, make and model before I returned back, so you can tell I wasn't long!

My gut reaction is to pay as I can't afford the £60 as the mo, but definitely can't afford an increased charge later on, but would be really grateful for your opinions please? Thanks very much.
Vinesh Patel
Was the invoice issued for trespass? Also from memory I believe the COP advises of a grace period for drivers to check the signage. I would appeal to PPC and then POPLA.
WhoMe?
Hi Vinesh,

Thanks for the speedy response! The invoice was issued for No Permit. I'm sorry to be an idiot, but what does COP, PPC and POPLA stand for please? This is all new to me and I can't find those abbreviations on the forum!!
Vinesh Patel
QUOTE (WhoMe? @ Mon, 20 May 2013 - 23:29) *
Hi Vinesh,

Thanks for the speedy response! The invoice was issued for No Permit. I'm sorry to be an idiot, but what does COP, PPC and POPLA stand for please? This is all new to me and I can't find those abbreviations on the forum!!

I'm sorry - it's easy to get bogged down in jargon and I apologise for using inaccessible terms.

I'm on my iPad which is not ideal to type with but I will be of my PC within the next few days and if no one else has picked up the help with this thread, i will return for a full response and advice.
WhoMe?
Thank you, that's very kind! And please don't think I was being critical, it wasn't my intention at all!! I'm guessing PPC is basically the company that issued the invoice though, so one out of three isn't bad!! biggrin.gif
Chippy365
QUOTE (WhoMe? @ Mon, 20 May 2013 - 23:29) *
Hi Vinesh,

COP - Codes of Practice of the British Parking Association - can be found on their website
PPC - Private Parking Company, in your case, TSR Parking Management
POPLA - The "independent" appeals board.
WhoMe?
Thanks for clarifying it Chippy365 - ah well, I was wrong with my presumption anyway!!
Gan
I'm sure I checked out this company for another thread

It's either Top Security Rangers UK Ltd, a dormant company that hasn't traded for years or Barrie Blades trading as Top Security Rangers UK (not Ltd) in which case he's driving a coach and horses through the trading disclosure regulations

Either way, it's not surprising to find this type of aggressive ticketing
Personally I would ignore them and certainly wait to see if in his haste he wrote down your registration correctly to get details from DVLA

This is not a company that will want to explain its behaviour to a judge, so court action is most unlikely
bama
be good to have a copy of TSR's paperwork in here
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=63

any chance you can post suitably redacted pics of the paper in this thread ?
DBC
As he actually saw you parking then (to mitigate the "losses") he should have told you that you should not be parking there, instead of just slapping the ticket on your vehicle.
Lynnzer
If there's no identifiable location it isn't PoFA complaint either.
WhoMe?
QUOTE (Gan @ Tue, 21 May 2013 - 00:42) *
I'm sure I checked out this company for another thread

It's either Top Security Rangers UK Ltd, a dormant company that hasn't traded for years or Barrie Blades trading as Top Security Rangers UK (not Ltd) in which case he's driving a coach and horses through the trading disclosure regulations

Either way, it's not surprising to find this type of aggressive ticketing
Personally I would ignore them and certainly wait to see if in his haste he wrote down your registration correctly to get details from DVLA

This is not a company that will want to explain its behaviour to a judge, so court action is most unlikely

Thanks Gan, the back of the ticket suggests I make my cheque or postal order payable to Top Security Rangers, Kingsheath Industrial Est, Northampton - you're spot on, thank you!

QUOTE (bama @ Tue, 21 May 2013 - 08:13) *
be good to have a copy of TSR's paperwork in here
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=63

any chance you can post suitably redacted pics of the paper in this thread ?

Will get the invoice nicely sorted tomorrow and post it on here!
Chippy365
QUOTE (Lynnzer @ Tue, 21 May 2013 - 08:33) *
If there's no identifiable location it isn't PoFA complaint either.

This is interesting... so just naming the name of the retail park would not be enough?
WhoMe?
QUOTE (DBC @ Tue, 21 May 2013 - 08:23) *
As he actually saw you parking then (to mitigate the "losses") he should have told you that you should not be parking there, instead of just slapping the ticket on your vehicle.

It would have been nice, just as it would have been nice for him not to virtually send me flying in his haste to get to my car!! rolleyes.gif
bama
Will get the invoice nicely sorted tomorrow and post it on here!

Brill, thanks.anything and everything. suitably redacted of course.

could be fertile ground for all kinds of fightback 'thingies'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.