Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uk CPS parking ticket cheshire oaks
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
mattMCcan
I got a parking ticket yesterday for supposidly parking over a bay. The car next to me was parked slightly into my bay so naturally I wasn't parked square I'm the space. At most half of my tyre was out the space. I got a ticket for £60 for this which I shouldn't have to pay. I don't have a picture of my car
At the time because I didn't notice the ticket until the morning after as it was dark. Should I ignore the ticket or should I pay it? Advice please
Vinesh Patel
Third option: appeal. If you have receipts as well this should help.
Jlc
QUOTE (mattMCcan @ Sat, 18 May 2013 - 14:52) *
I don't have a picture of my car

They probably do, but a judge (not that it's likely to get this far) will laugh it out of court...

QUOTE (mattMCcan @ Sat, 18 May 2013 - 14:52) *
At the time because I didn't notice the ticket until the morning after as it was dark. Should I ignore the ticket or should I pay it? Advice please

First wait for them to write to the RK - there's things for them to mess up here to pursue the RK. (Assuming you are or know the RK - and not a company car for example).

Ignoring would probably work but there's a two stage appeal process now where they will almost certainly reject but a proper POPLA appeal will see them off.

Are these the current signs?
kommando
If it was a retail park keep the receipts.
SchoolRunMum
QUOTE (Vinesh Patel @ Sat, 18 May 2013 - 14:56) *
Third option: appeal. If you have receipts as well this should help.

Yes but I'd say appeal only once the Notice to Keeper arrives in the post. In the meantime he could take the fake PCN and receipts to the shop this week and complain to the Store Manager to get the damn thing overturned.
Liber8
If you were registered keeper at the time do not acknowledge that you were.
There is no benefit in telling them this.
Their letter to the keeper will inform you that they do not have the details of the driver and will INVITE you to tell them who was.
This letter will be completely non compliant with POFA 2012 and with BPA code of practice.
They MUST comply with POFA to pursue the keeper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.