Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CEL claim form
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Hazel1206
I have received a claim form from Civil Enforcement Limited for parking in a retail park for apparently too long. I had ignored all the previous letters but have now received a stamped claim form. I have been reading other posts that say to acknowledge but defend the claim! Is this the right thing to do and what should the defence include?

Thanks
Jlc
Yes. Wait for a pm for further instructions.

The defence will cover a number of points but as this was pre Protections of Freedom's Act the driver can only be held liable (don't answer this in open forum), the right of the PPC to contract and that the charge is clearly a penalty that private companies cannot levy.
Gan
I've spotted it and sent a PM
Hazel1206
I sent off the defence and then the subsequent questionnaire to the Court. I have now been given a court date in October. The last letter I received from CEL was back in June saying they had received my defence and would be sending a part 18 notice but haven't received anything since. The Notice of trial date was still asking for CEL to pay the court fee.

Any advice on what I should do next? What should I include in my witness statement?

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.