Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: council ticket
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
dieselcowboy
As the header says, when exactly is a ticket issued I was issued a council ticket and the CEO was still entering details into his machine and e had not printed it off so when was it actually issued
marvin28
At the "time of service" printed on it
dieselcowboy
so does that mean that it was not issued at the time I returned to my vehicle to see the ceo still entering details into his machine
clark_kent
QUOTE (marvin28 @ Sat, 11 May 2013 - 00:16) *
At the "time of service" printed on it

How can it be issued at the time of service, it must have already been issued for it to be served? The time of issue is not relevant as its not required on the PCN so why would you need to know it? The only time required is the time of the contravention and the date it was served. The time of issue would be at some point between the time of the contravention and the PCN being served there is no real reason for you to know when it was issued it was either served or not. If you drove away and he had started to issue a PCN with the intention of serving it but was unable to do so because you had gone then a postal PCN would be issued on the date on the PCN posted to you but again the time would not be relevant and could be anytime on the day it was posted.
dieselcowboy
that is why I was asking I had returned to my vehicle as the ceo was still entering the details in his machine and was wondering if the ticket had been issued correctly as I had to stand and wait for him to finish before he handed it to me
clark_kent
QUOTE (dieselcowboy @ Sat, 11 May 2013 - 09:55) *
that is why I was asking I had returned to my vehicle as the ceo was still entering the details in his machine and was wondering if the ticket had been issued correctly as I had to stand and wait for him to finish before he handed it to me

You could have driven off but if he was already in the process of issuing it could have just been sent by post.
hcandersen
Do you want help in deciding whether and how to challenge the PCN which was served by the CEO on the person appearing to him to be in charge of the vehicle?
guy on a buffalo
QUOTE (clark_kent @ Sat, 11 May 2013 - 10:27) *
You could have driven off but if he was already in the process of issuing it could have just been sent by post.

When in your opinion does that process start? Once they start to enter the vehicle details into the HHC?
dieselcowboy
QUOTE (hcandersen @ Sat, 11 May 2013 - 13:27) *
Do you want help in deciding whether and how to challenge the PCN which was served by the CEO on the person appearing to him to be in charge of the vehicle?

Yes please that would be great
SchoolRunMum

You did whaaaat?? Stood and let him finish it?! Next time drive away, drive away, always drive away!! Yes some Councils can issue a PCN by post but many cannot and many more get the process wrong.

If you want help why not look at other threads first and see what sort of info other posters have given us in order to get help. Pics...details...information about signs...
Incandescent
And post up the PCN, all sides, with personal details redacted, plus some description of the circumstances that gave rise to you getting a PCN.
clark_kent
QUOTE (guy on a buffalo @ Sat, 11 May 2013 - 13:46) *
QUOTE (clark_kent @ Sat, 11 May 2013 - 10:27) *

When in your opinion does that process start? Once they start to enter the vehicle details into the HHC?

When they start to issue the pcn, is the obvious answer. It would depend on the situation and contravention, vehicle details could have been entered prior to the PCN being issued for 'parking longer than permitted' as an example. In my view any action taken to physically issue a PCN after the CEO has established in his mind that the contravention occured is 'starting to issue' this excludes recording an observation during which period no contravention has been established.
dieselcowboy
QUOTE (hcandersen @ Sat, 11 May 2013 - 13:27) *

As I said yes I would greatly appreciate help but have not hear from you since you posted this
hcandersen
Because you've not given us the circumstances or the PCN - we must have the PCN, both sides and leave in all dates/locations, any correspondence between you and the council, and circumstances. Then we can see what's what.
welshman10
I had to stand and wait for him to finish before he handed it to me

Like a cowboy waiting for the Indians to load their bows and arrows...

merror.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.