Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: red light camera
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
donetello1
Crossed the line by a cars length at the worksop /south anston traffic light controlled crossroads coming from the M1 side,didnt notice any flashing,remained at this position until they changed to green.Have read on here this is ok.Anyone know if this camera is actually active,would I have seen the flash clearly ?.
trubster
QUOTE (donetello1 @ Tue, 7 May 2013 - 20:56) *
Crossed the line by a cars length at the worksop /south anston traffic light controlled crossroads coming from the M1 side,didnt notice any flashing,remained at this position until they changed to green.Have read on here this is ok.Anyone know if this camera is actually active,would I have seen the flash clearly ?.

That camera does not work and I have never seen it live in my life, hope this helps

It also would not catch you from the opposite side of the junction so dont worry.
donetello1
QUOTE (trubster @ Tue, 7 May 2013 - 21:03) *
QUOTE (donetello1 @ Tue, 7 May 2013 - 20:56) *

That camera does not work and I have never seen it live in my life, hope this helps

It also would not catch you from the opposite side of the junction so dont worry.

Thanks for that trubster,already have 3 points already and been told by work today, I have been clocked at 70 on A42 in works sprinter van,I know its 60 sometimes you just forget.How often is the awareness course offered,Think I did one approx. 2 years ago.
southpaw82
Once every three years.
donetello1
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Tue, 7 May 2013 - 21:14) *
Once every three years.

Thanks looks like 6 then any idea on insurance premium increase.
Transit man
QUOTE (donetello1 @ Tue, 7 May 2013 - 21:23) *
Once every three years.

Depends on many factors, try running some test quotes on comparison sites.

Out of interest, whereabouts on the A42? Fixed or mobile camera?
donetello1
QUOTE (Transit man @ Tue, 7 May 2013 - 21:33) *
QUOTE (donetello1 @ Tue, 7 May 2013 - 21:23) *
Once every three years.

Depends on many factors, try running some test quotes on comparison sites.

Out of interest, whereabouts on the A42? Fixed or mobile camera?

Not sure where until it arrives,company said it did not mention a location,I have passed the static ones at 70 in the past and nothing has happened.Im assuming they only trip over 70 on any vehicle ?.
Transit man
QUOTE (donetello1 @ Tue, 7 May 2013 - 21:52) *
Not sure where until it arrives,company said it did not mention a location,I have passed the static ones at 70 in the past and nothing has happened.Im assuming they only trip over 70 on any vehicle ?.

It will mention the exact location, if it did not (exceedingly unlikely) the NiP would probably be invalid . Some types of cameras have a way of detecting the class of vehicle & therefore only flash accordingly, a car would not set a camera off at 70 on a DC NSL.
trubster
No fixed cameras on the A42???

I always have my eyes peeled for them in my HGV, they seem to find the nice lay bys at the bottom of the hills biggrin.gif
Transit man
QUOTE (trubster @ Tue, 7 May 2013 - 22:29) *
No fixed cameras on the A42???

I could not think of any either, which is why I asked the OP for an exact location, especially as I drive a lower limited vehicle, not that I ever exceed the limit biggrin.gif
donetello1
Yes sorry fellas mixed up with another road,Had to be a mobile unit have spotted them on the bridges before,never noticed one anywhere though.
donetello1
Just found out this was not on the A42 as I was told by work,it was on the M1 Southbound between junctions 27 and 26 Nottinghamshire.I apparently went through the variable speed limit at 72 when 60 was showing.I cant recall any reason for there to be a reduced speed at the time no major traffic and didn't see anything to warrant the 60 limit at the time.this happened at8.11 on the 25/04/13.Should I contest or just pay with a smile.Thanks.
Jlc
On what basis are you going to 'contest'? (The 'appropriateness' of the limit is not a reason)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.