Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: biggreybear
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Biggreybear

Hello all,
My brother and I parked down Penarth Marina Cardiff yesterday for less than 1 hour
We parked in a bay tried to by a ticket but the machine was broken,my brother is disabled so we put his blue badge in full view.
When we got back to the car it had been booked by NGP.
We tried to call them but they would not take his call.
There was nothing on there board saying that disabled badge holders where not accepted
I have not contacted them as yet to appeal the ticket.

any advise.

John

QUOTE (SSS_64 @ Fri, 26 Apr 2013 - 21:57) *
Hi,

Please can someone advise on the UKPC ticket.
We parked on a private land and payed for a pay and display ticket for the whole day. The ticket was placed on the dashboard near the driver side. However when the rear passenger door was opened to let the child out, the ticket must have flipped and moved towards the centre of the dashboard. It was a windy day. Wheb we returned to the car we found that there was a parking ticket given to me. I realised then that the ticket was on the dashboard but upside down.
I made an appeal to UKPC advising and also sending them the copy of the ticket with the correct details, but after reviewing my appeal they came back with a reduced charged from £100 to £15. The ticket was valid until 19:00pm and I had left by 17:30pm.
Has anyone else had similar situation ?
Should I pay the £15 even though I had a valid ticket ?

Please can someone provide some genuine advise, will it affect my credit rating ? Will I end up going to court ?

Thanks

jagger
They are clearly in breach of the bpa code of practice

16.5 If your landowner provides a concession that allows parking for disabled people, if a vehicle displays a valid Blue Badge you must not issue it with parking charge notices.

And in breach of the Equality Act 2010, I would appeal it to them, and take it to the independent appeals popla. Or simply ignore it completely unless stamped court papers arrive, which is highly unlikely. Third option is to pay which obviously nobody here would recommend
emanresu
Putting this up for comment by the others.

The BPA Code of Practice calls for either to allow an appeal or else send a POPLA code. Since no code has been sent, and the original amount is no longer being requested (i,e, the "loss" has disappeared) I am suggesting to the OP that he should write back and say that as they have not sent the code, the case is closed as they have accepted the appeal.

This is another one of these attempts to bend the code/law by the PPC industry.

So what are the options for the PPC. They could a) send a code - but fail at POPLA ; b) Send another letter to the RK - but fail at POPLA ; or c) pass it onto a debt collector - but get done by the DVLA for not working within the BPA CoP.

Thoughts before BGB takes any further action?

BGB - we are in the early stages of dealing with changes to the PPC industry. They are all trying to ignore / bend to system to exploit drivers ignorance of the POFA 2012 and simple contract law.

The decision as to what to do is always yours - but I'd write just to close their options down.
SchoolRunMum
QUOTE (emanresu @ Sun, 28 Apr 2013 - 04:52) *
Putting this up for comment by the others.

The BPA Code of Practice calls for either to allow an appeal or else send a POPLA code. Since no code has been sent, and the original amount is no longer being requested (i,e, the "loss" has disappeared) I am suggesting to the OP that he should write back and say that as they have not sent the code, the case is closed as they have accepted the appeal.

As I read the OP's post, he has randomly quoted a completely different thread by SSS_64 about a UKPC ticket...?

So looking at what Biggreybear has said, they have just had a windscreen PCN so far from NGP.

So I would say to Biggreybear, your choices are to ignore the whole thing (including debt collector letters) or appeal strongly and get this cancelled. I would recommend the latter which means you need to:

Wait for them to write to you first, as long as it's your car and the DVLA have your name and address as the keeper (which they will sell to NGP). Maybe they won't ever write (I had a fake PCN like that!). If they do send a Notice to Keeper, keep the envelope if it's got a different posting date on it than the letter inside, and see also if they have met the requirements for registered keeper liability at that point:

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/keeper-liability/

Then look to word something as forceful as this (but in your case start with a 'P&D machine broken, Blue Badge displayed, BPA code breached' paragraph):

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/appeal-letter/

...or choose to send a much shorter letter citing BPA Code breaches, like the one used in this thread (see middle pic in the first post, bear in mind your breaches you identify may not be the same as these of course and you have the added one of the ticket being put on when a Blue Badge is displayed):

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=78547

Then if they reject, check other stuff as I just mentioned in post #7 of this thread and include LOADS of demands and grounds of appeal in a POPLA submission (which costs the PPC money and is only binding on them, not you). That's also the stage where you must show us your draft I would suggest, as we can help to make your POPLA stage appeal as strong as it can be so that you can win this at the PPC's own expense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.