Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Received Northampton County Claim form from Civil Enforcement Ltd
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Alphonse
Hi all,

I have recived a Northampton County Claim form from Civil Enforcement Ltd. The brief details of the claim state that this is for damages rising from breach of contracts and payment by the Defendant to the Claimant of the total amount. They are claiming damages to the sum of £650 for parking in a car park connected to a place of worship.

I would be grateful if you could advise me what to do next as I was not expecting them to go this far.

Should I admit any part of the claim? Disupute the whole claim? If the latter, what should I put in my defence?

I live nowhere mear the court they have chosen, so fully intend to contest the courts jurisdiction.

What will happen once I complete the form? Will I need to appear in court? Do I need to find a solicitor, if so, would I be liable for thier costs?

Any help or advice you could offer would be most appreciated as I am in quite a bit of a panic about this now.

Many thanks,

Alphonse.
jagger
Bloody hell £650 ? They are utterly insane that is a penalty and its not intended for court but intimidation. You should defend the claim in full, and ask for a further 28 days to ready your defence. The guys on here will help you with a defence on this. So it being Northampton so it's probably mcol just login and do the above as a first thing.

By the way don't worry about court, this is highly unlikely to land up before a judge. And if it does you can transfer it to a local court to you.
Last baron
coming here was the right move, try not to panic, you'll get good advice.

That being said i'm new here so my advice is basic, more experienced members will be along with more detail

In short you need acknowledged the claim and ask for extra time to prepare you defence. you can also get the case transferred to your local court. It's a small claims court so there is no need for solicitors.

The PPC may well back down when they realise you are prepared to defend the claim. as opposed to roll over and pay them. Their entire business model is based on frightening people into paying up.
Ming Rider
£650? Sounds quite reasonable. It will be a condition of their agreement that for every charge notice they issue, they have to pay their client £650.

What's the problem? rolleyes.gif
Jlc
QUOTE (Alphonse @ Sat, 27 Apr 2013 - 11:28) *
They are claiming damages to the sum of £650 for parking in a car park connected to a place of worship.

Must be 2 'incidents'?

I would be grateful if you could advise me what to do next as I was not expecting them to go this far.

Should I admit any part of the claim? Disupute the whole claim? If the latter, what should I put in my defence?
Acknowledge the claim - it's definitely stamped papers and not their proposed claim? This will extend the time to file a defence.

I live nowhere mear the court they have chosen, so fully intend to contest the courts jurisdiction.
No worries - if it gets as far as being heard (they don't seriously intend to put this in front of a judge) then it will be a local court to you. The jurisdiction is correct.

What will happen once I complete the form? Will I need to appear in court? Do I need to find a solicitor, if so, would I be liable for thier costs?

Any help or advice you could offer would be most appreciated as I am in quite a bit of a panic about this now.
You file a defence. It's likely they won't pay the court fee with a proper defence. You don't need a solicitor and this will be 'small claims' where you don't have to pay ridiculous costs.

Gan is assisting with most of these - he virtually has a template defence. He will probably pm you shortly.
bargepole
I'll take this one. Have sent you a PM.
Jlc
icon_thumleft.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.