Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VCS charge successfully appealed
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Dan110
Hi there,

I recently had a charge notice from VCS for overstaying on a '2 hours free' car park in a retail park. I sent an appeal using information I got from this forum and some links i found here so I thought i'd post the letter chain on the off-chance it might be of help to someone else.

That's if I can figure out how to attach a picture.....
DBC
The so-called "mitigating circumstances" are that they did not follow the correct guidelines. So they were in the wrong, not you.
Salmosalaris
You should have saved that for POPLA and cost them £27-00 + vat
Dan110
QUOTE (Salmosalaris @ Fri, 26 Apr 2013 - 17:45) *

Bugger - that would have been even more satisfying!

If I'd been confident it would work then I would have but that was my first experience with these private guys. Armed with more info for next time anyway....

Cheers
The Slithy Tove
VCS clearly realised they had someone savvy who would probably take it to POPLA and cost them money. So they bailed early.
bama
QUOTE (Dan110 @ Fri, 26 Apr 2013 - 17:53) *
QUOTE (Salmosalaris @ Fri, 26 Apr 2013 - 17:45) *

Bugger - that would have been even more satisfying!

If I'd been confident it would work then I would have but that was my first experience with these private guys. Armed with more info for next time anyway....

Cheers

you did well
stick around !
psimmons200
QUOTE (Dan110 @ Fri, 26 Apr 2013 - 17:32) *
Hi there,

I recently had a charge notice from VCS for overstaying on a '2 hours free' car park in a retail park. I sent an appeal using information I got from this forum and some links i found here so I thought i'd post the letter chain on the off-chance it might be of help to someone else.

Thanks for sharing your success; good to know that the help given by the friendly folk here not only assists those who post a "Help me!" thread but also people who help themselves by reading through the materials.
Dan110
Thanks for the comments guys.

The info on here is definitely appreciated; that was an hour's googling well spent!
marvin28
Great letter. Good job!
Slatz
J Murphy needs to work on their signature.

It's almost as if two different people signed those letters.

Well done OP.
ItchyCrakus
PM sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.