Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Civil Enforcement Ltd
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
alexandra
My friend has just received one of these court papers too, Im posting cos we both received tickets at the same time from Halls Retail Park in Bury Lancashire last July. We have both ignored all the letters and then her latest one (looks just like the documents above) arrived on Friday - really nice start to the weekend for her. .. and for me as I know mine will be arriving soon.. early this week if they are innocently processing them or maybe it will land on my doormat on Friday and I wont get it til Friday night and then have to stew all weekend about it cos none of the phone numbers are manned over the weekend... so maybe they are hoping I will just pay out of fear on the first available weekday morning!! ha ha, suckers, I wont. Or maybe I am just cynical
I have tweeted to parking cowboys and notthebpa and both advised me to post on here and to contact Gan.. Can you help me out wioth defending the cases? I have read through numerous posts since the first 'notice' last July so I am fairly up on the background.. the dodgy nature of the claim for damages, and the burden of proof as to whether the RK is actually the driver and so the dubious 'contract' issue.. I would want to fight mine on the basis too that 2 weeks to find £75 when I was on maternity pay and not due my next monthly pay until after the 2 weeks...and obviously the disgusting level of greed that can only be assumed from the full fee of £150. Just a quick question though.. without digging out all the previous stuff (I do have it) I am sure that the amount is less on this than the last one? I understand about the change in the law as of 01/10/2012 but is there some reason why the cost to CEL is only £35 now? I thought it was £100..? and is that related to the £350 they are seeking?

thanks

Alex
Broadsman
QUOTE (alexandra @ Sun, 21 Apr 2013 - 19:51) *
My friend has just received one of these court papers too, Im posting cos we both received tickets at the same time from Halls Retail Park in Bury Lancashire last July. We have both ignored all the letters and then her latest one (looks just like the documents above) arrived on Friday - really nice start to the weekend for her. .. and for me as I know mine will be arriving soon.. early this week if they are innocently processing them or maybe it will land on my doormat on Friday and I wont get it til Friday night and then have to stew all weekend about it cos none of the phone numbers are manned over the weekend... so maybe they are hoping I will just pay out of fear on the first available weekday morning!! ha ha, suckers, I wont. Or maybe I am just cynical
I have tweeted to parking cowboys and notthebpa and both advised me to post on here and to contact Gan.. Can you help me out wioth defending the cases? I have read through numerous posts since the first 'notice' last July so I am fairly up on the background.. the dodgy nature of the claim for damages, and the burden of proof as to whether the RK is actually the driver and so the dubious 'contract' issue.. I would want to fight mine on the basis too that 2 weeks to find £75 when I was on maternity pay and not due my next monthly pay until after the 2 weeks...and obviously the disgusting level of greed that can only be assumed from the full fee of £150. Just a quick question though.. without digging out all the previous stuff (I do have it) I am sure that the amount is less on this than the last one? I understand about the change in the law as of 01/10/2012 but is there some reason why the cost to CEL is only £35 now? I thought it was £100..? and is that related to the £350 they are seeking?

thanks

Alex

This is due to you actually owing them nothing.

They are getting desperate and will accept you pay them something as opposed to nothng.

Are your court papers stamped? Have you contacted the court to ensure they are real?

If so, I'm sure a member with more posts than I will be along soon to assist.
SchoolRunMum
QUOTE (alexandra @ Sun, 21 Apr 2013 - 19:51) *

thanks

Alex

As this is a parking forum where dates and details differ, we have to insist on 'one case, one thread'.

So please start your own thread asap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.