Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Stupid BPA Pronouncement
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
DBC
A poster over on MSE emailed the BPA asking what happens if a P&D machine is not working. I kid you not, this is their reply:-

Thank you for your e-mail.
Please be advised that if pay and display machines are not working then we would advise you do not park there.

If you are unable to obtain a ticket and you park there, it is possible you may receive a parking charge notice.

Kind regards,

AOS Investigations Team

I am sure that supermarkets and retail parks would love all that loss of business.
ManxRed
He/she should forward that to every Supermarket CEO they can get the email addy for, or that bloke at ASDA that Atilla has the email address for.
dp7
Puts the whole spiel about 'managing parking' into context, doesn't it?
Concrete Jungle
What I do the odd time I find a P&D (council) machine not working is film on my mobile me putting the correct money in and the machine rejecting it / not printing out a ticket when you press the button etc. While I am loathe to put a private parking speculative invoice containing unenforceable penalty clauses on the same footing as a council ticket. Filming the faulty machine could come in very handy should a PPC be foolish enough to try the court papers bluster trick and be daft enough to actually pay the listing fee.
KillerSteve
QUOTE (Concrete Jungle @ Wed, 17 Apr 2013 - 15:09) *
What I do the odd time I find a P&D (council) machine not working is film on my mobile me putting the correct money in and the machine rejecting it / not printing out a ticket when you press the button etc. While I am loathe to put a private parking speculative invoice containing unenforceable penalty clauses on the same footing as a council ticket. Filming the faulty machine could come in very handy should a PPC be foolish enough to try the court papers bluster trick and be daft enough to actually pay the listing fee.

By putting money in their machine you are providing consideration to their supposed contract and doing away with a very strong appeal point. Never point money in their machine nor agree to their form of contract offering.
andy_foster
QUOTE (KillerSteve @ Wed, 17 Apr 2013 - 18:59) *
By putting money in their machine you are providing consideration to their supposed contract and doing away with a very strong appeal point. Never point money in their machine nor agree to their form of contract offering.

Drugs are bad, m'kay?

KillerSteve
QUOTE (andy_foster @ Wed, 17 Apr 2013 - 19:09) *
QUOTE (KillerSteve @ Wed, 17 Apr 2013 - 18:59) *

Drugs are bad, m'kay?

why what you on? :-) dont get what you are trying to say?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.