Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Civil Enforcement Limited
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
paul rk
Hi

I have just registered on this forum and I wonder if someone could give me some
advice please,last Wednesday 10-04-2013 I received a parking enforcement notice
from C E L for £150 reduced to £75 if paid within 14 days. I parked in KFC for about 30 minutes
while I picked up a prescription,you are allowed 90 minutes parking normally so I didn't think it would be a problem. It wasn't until I received the notice and went back to check the signs that I found out that you couldn't park there when the shop was closed. As it was about 10am and the gates were open I hadn't realised they were closed.
My concern about this is, as the shop was closed how could any party have suffered any loss
and if they were so concerned about parking when the shop was closed why do KFC not close the gates.
I was going to ignore it but after reading some of the posts on here it seems as though CEL are taking people to court. Any advice would be much appreciated thanks in advance.

ItchyCrakus
If you have heard of the plant "Venus Flytrap", you are probably close to finding out why the gates were open.

Probably best to provide pics of the sign and a scan of the ticket with all your personal data removed so we can see what they allege.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.