Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parkingeye help please
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Righty
I have been following your forums for a few weeks and now find myself in a position where I could do with some help please . My story is that I took my son and his friend to play rugby , unfortunately his mate got injured and required stitches. I took him to the local community hospital and brought a ticket . It was very busy so I paid on leaving and took my son home returning to sort his friend out who was still waiting for treatment ( aged 15) . Now it gets interesting , I returned to hospital and on entry saw a small separate doctors surgery with a few cars parked , I thought I could park in here and pick up the now treated player. When I drove in I did not see any signs , because the treatment room was busy I was some time (I understand not to give details) As I returned to my car I then saw a sign and realised I had been caught sad.gif so in short

1.This was a weekend day
2. Doctors were closed
3. No Ticket machine (you have to put reg details in a button box)
4. A Barrier was up , so car park not secured (I feel like I was entrapped )

I have received a number of letters from Parking eye but I am refusing to pay and will see them in court , do I have a case to defend ?
jagger
You've set your course of action now, you've ignored a few letters so your only options really is either paying them or keep ignoring, there is a small chance that they could try and do a small claim if in England or Wales as they have been trying a few lately. Please don't give any further details of this as parking eye pay people to search this and other sites to try and identify you. Don't respond to any pm's from any new members of this forum.
Jlc
Are there signs at the entrance?

The main defence is as usual - that is they are charging a penalty which doesn't represent any losses.

You may have noticed the thread that they monitor these forums for 'victims' - as you already note best not to reveal any dates/times etc.
Righty
I returned to the site to check and yes there is a sign but as it is a tight quick turn its not in your eye sight for long . I have ignored all correspondence and I am steadfast in not paying them a penny . I did not have an option to buy a ticket so have I entered a contract ? I understand I properly trespassed but the site was not secured the barrier was up and I bet this weekend more drivers are being ambushed in this car park. I walked around to the surgery but it was closed . Do they have to prove who was driving ?
thanks for your assistance guys its really appreciated.
nigelbb
Can you upload a photo of the sign?

What do you mean by"3. No Ticket machine (you have to put reg details in a button box)"?

On the face of it you have trespassed & not entered into any contract for parking. The landowner may sue you for any loss or damage (£0) but not a Private Parking Company. I can't see the doctors suing & they may not even be the landowners in any case.
Hippocrates
Driver is liable so they would have to prove. They will demand release of details and you will not provide as you are not bound to do so.
Righty
There is no ticket machine , impossible to purchase one . The Doctors surgery have a computer panel in reception that you input your car details so you don't get a ticket sent to you. As this was at the weekend the surgery was closed. I will have to visit to get a picture .
nigelbb
QUOTE (Hippocrates @ Sat, 6 Apr 2013 - 12:03) *
Driver is liable so they would have to prove. They will demand release of details and you will not provide as you are not bound to do so.

You are six months out of date with your advice. Since the 1st October 2012 if the PPC cannot identify the driver then they can take action against the registered keeper to recover unpaid parking charges. See https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/syste...ing-charges.pdf
Jlc
In hindsight (although this is more recent advice) ignoring is not always the best option - although I can't see how PE are going to take thousands of 'ignorers' to court...

The appeal or ignore thread covers it to death.
Hippocrates
QUOTE (nigelbb @ Sat, 6 Apr 2013 - 11:14) *
QUOTE (Hippocrates @ Sat, 6 Apr 2013 - 12:03) *

You are six months out of date with your advice. Since the 1st October 2012 if the PPC cannot identify the driver then they can take action against the registered keeper to recover unpaid parking charges. See https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/syste...ing-charges.pdf

Apologies.
Righty
Thanks for info guys , will keep you updated .
wastson1
I too have this problem with these Sharks laugh.gif
nigelbb
QUOTE (wastson1 @ Sat, 6 Apr 2013 - 18:29) *
I too have this problem with these Sharks laugh.gif

Please start your own thread. Each case is different & no one piece of advice is applicable to all.
wastson1
anymore information on this one any updates?
Concrete Jungle
QUOTE (wastson1 @ Fri, 19 Apr 2013 - 11:08) *

Did you start your own thread?
nigelbb
QUOTE (Concrete Jungle @ Fri, 19 Apr 2013 - 11:26) *
QUOTE (wastson1 @ Fri, 19 Apr 2013 - 11:08) *

Did you start your own thread?

Apparently not.
wastson1
Same car park same issues can't think why
Jlc
QUOTE (wastson1 @ Fri, 19 Apr 2013 - 12:16) *

Because it's 1 case 1 thread. It gets very confusing trying to provide specific advice to 2 cases on 1 thread.
Concrete Jungle
QUOTE (wastson1 @ Fri, 19 Apr 2013 - 12:16) *

One thread one case is forum rules. No two cases are 100% identical, in order for you to get the best and most accurate help with your own case please start your own thread.
Righty
I have now received a letter from Debt Recovery plus who I feel our harassing me for a for payment on an invoice, I have ignored all PE correspondence and will continue to do so . Should this letter give me any cause for concern that I might be the unlucky one to actually go to court ? I have a link from my dropbox if you require for it to be scanned let me know.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9084206...EDebtletter.jpg
Jlc
Standard chain of letters.

I can't see any advantage in contacting them now unless you have something concrete that would prevent them proceeding (e.g. they've failed to meet Schedule 4 obligations to pursue the RK) or to pay. They won't accept any mitigation or 'appeal' now.
wastson1
I have also received this letter exact word for word
Hotel Oscar 87
QUOTE (wastson1 @ Tue, 7 May 2013 - 14:41) *
I have also received this letter exact word for word

Third time of asking. Although your case may relate to the same car park and be based on the same issues please start your own thread to avoid confusion. Please click on this link then click on the grey button to the right hand side entitled "New Topic"
Righty
Have just received another DebtRecovery letter from Parking Eye , am I near the end of the chain ? I will ignore this one like the others . Do we know how many defendants were taken to court by ParkingEye last year ?

letter from my dropbox sorry its faint I need more ink for the printer smile.gif

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9084206...btRecovery2.pdf
Concrete Jungle
QUOTE (Righty @ Mon, 20 May 2013 - 13:01) *
Have just received another DebtRecovery letter from Parking Eye , am I near the end of the chain ? I will ignore this one like the others . Do we know how many defendants were taken to court by ParkingEye last year ?

letter from my dropbox sorry its faint I need more ink for the printer smile.gif

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9084206...btRecovery2.pdf

The Debt recovery begging letters are well known, keep on ignoring everything except REAL stamped court papers.
Righty
Hi Pepi Team

Yesterday in the post I received a LBA (letter before Action) stating that I have 14 days before court proceedings. I have ignored all communications from these scammers in the past . On researching various forums it seems I have 2 options

1. Ignore
2. Send a Letter of Acknowledgement

I can see that they have failed on some points but my legal knowledge is limited smile.gif Shall I start on a draught reply ? and could someone aide me by looking at it via PM .
Righty
I have now drafted a reply for acknowledgement could someone look at it to see if its ok .
Righty
I have now posted a recorded mail letter of Acknowledgement , I used several points that I have picked up on this board . I would have been lost without pepipoo so many thanks. Will keep you informed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.