Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No right turn pcn H&F
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Received a PCN for no right turn ,do the video / pictures have to show the sign I am accused of ignoring ?
As can be seen from the video it is taken from the front , not showing the signage.
Seen another post re this junction and it was stated signs should be on both sides of road ? Also sign to left is blocked by pelican crossing beacon.

Pictures are just stills from the video.

Any help appreciated

Neil
StuartBu
I think you'll need to post up the paperwork with the usual details masked off.
I was trying to find it on GSV .I thought it was this junction but it looks different .Can you post a link to GSV ?
http://goo.gl/maps/YNJNH
Your location on google streetview is correct but looking from the opposite side to the video.

PCN above

Neil
StuartBu
QUOTE (191964 @ Sun, 24 Mar 2013 - 14:51) *
Your location on google streetview is correct but looking from the opposite side to the video.

PCN above

Neil

GSV not much help as it seems to have been taken before the NRT was brought in ...cant see any signs for NRT
http://goo.gl/maps/VFfnh
QUOTE (StuartBu @ Sun, 24 Mar 2013 - 14:20) *
I was trying to find it on GSV .I thought it was this junction but it looks different .Can you post a link to GSV ?

This GSV , above ,is in the direction of travel ,only one sign to the left of crossing on lamp post.
But video is taken form the opposite side as your second GSV ,in post above, you can see the rear of the sign to right.

Thats why I asked if sign should be in video evidence ?

Neil
StuartBu
QUOTE (191964 @ Sun, 24 Mar 2013 - 17:20) *
QUOTE (StuartBu @ Sun, 24 Mar 2013 - 14:20) *

This GSV , above ,is in the direction of travel ,only one sign to the left of crossing on lamp post.
But video is taken form the opposite side as your second GSV ,in post above, you can see the rear of the sign to right.

Thats why I asked if sign should be in video evidence ?

Neil

So the CCTV operator either has access to a camera looking from the other side or is familiar with that junction ( to know that is a NRT sign?) ??
Hippocrates
Why do people fail to understand that they must post up all the paperwork? Page 2 will be limited to one ground and one of those as expressed will also have a problem.
Page 2 will be limited to one ground and one of those as expressed will also have a problem.

Sorry don't understand the comment !

[/quote]

So the CCTV operator either has access to a camera looking from the other side or is familiar with that junction ( to know that is a NRT sign?) ??
[/quote]

I would assume he knows it is a no right turn
Incandescent
I see a Zebra, (once called Belisha), crossing, not a Pelican crossing.

The whole point about picture/CCTV evidence on a PCN sent by post to the registered keeper is that the offence is demonstrated, because the RK may not have been present, so must assess whether to appeal or not from the evidence. This evidence does not demonstrate an offence. Adjudicators (some of them anyway), also seem to fail to see this point. I think no CCTV PCN should even be issued if it does not show an offence clearly in terms of signs ignored.

Anyway it is up to you to decide whether to pay-up half the amount, or go to PATAS for the full PCN amount or quits.
Hippocrates
Show us the video.
QUOTE (Hippocrates @ Sun, 24 Mar 2013 - 20:01) *
Show us the video.

The video is in the first post ,click on the picture to view
qafqa
It could be a feature of the uploaded video so does the original copy
also 'jump' back to a wide angle view in the last few seconds so that
it doesn't show the vehicle has actually completed a right turn.
outlook
The NRT sign looks pretty high up. Hard, if not impossible to see from the junction you came out of?

And obstructed by a Zebra Crossing light.

And positioned on the road such that a driver would be more focused on checking the zebra crossing for waiting pedestrians than the sign hidden in a tree.
When I view the video it does pan out but shows the vehicle ,silver Mondeo estate , completing the turn into Bryony Road

QUOTE (outlook @ Sun, 24 Mar 2013 - 20:56) *
The NRT sign looks pretty high up. Hard, if not impossible to see from the junction you came out of?

And obstructed by a Zebra Crossing light.

And positioned on the road such that a driver would be more focused on checking the zebra crossing for waiting pedestrians than the sign hidden in a tree.

My feelings too
EDW
There is no evidence of passing the face of a sign.

The camera is in the wrong place.
Hippocrates
Show the PCN.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukla/2003/3/schedule/1/enacted
StuartBu
Just watched the video but also watched the video of the AA van going through the rising bollards with the car following behind ..JEEZO !!
Incandescent
If it was me, I'd go all the way to adjudication. If there is a sign, it's too high to be noticed by somebody pulling out of the side road who has to pay strict attention to traffic and pedestrians on the crossing. It is almost a malevolent trap deliberately set by the council to make money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.