Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: POPLA "Won"
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Evington
I have now received a date for my POPLA appeal, on or about 12 March 2013.

Me v Town & City Parking Ltd.

As TCP Ltd don't exist this should be a short hearing.

The landowner (ASDA) have already emailed my cancelling the invoice so again not much TCP or Smart Parking can do.

Will be interesting how they handle this as it clearly states TCP Ltd. The ticket is from about 10th December 2012
ManxRed
Can't wait to see what Shona makes of this one!!

She'll still say you breached a contract, but as they were charges, not penalties then you still owe them. Even if the company doesn't exist!
Salmosalaris
Appeal rejected
roythebus
Er, how do T&CP acquire a different corporate identity? Which registered company issued the speculative invoice?

Still trading according to companies house webcheck SC438115 is the registered number!
Alexis
They exist but have ceased issuing new invoices: Town and City Parking Limited, 8 Charlotte Street, Perth PH1 5LL
Lynnzer
First post in the topic is short of meat. It would be nice to have a trail of what's gone on, what initial appeal was made etc.
Also you say you have a date for the POPLA appeal. Has that been sent yet?
If so, what's on it?
If not then it would be a good idea to construct one on the forum, or off it if you prefer, by knowledgeable members to make the most of this situation.
You can add things to the appeal if you sent it previously so any new points can still be brought into play.
Evington
The OP was short on meat on purpose as not to give to much to Smart Parking/TCP Ltd.

Yes I have notification from POPLA for the date.

As the landowner (ASDA) has already said the invoice is cancelled, I don't see where TCP can go with this.

Parked in ASDA store for 2hrs 57minutes, blue badge displayed and in disabled bay. Store busy as it was December.

Received invoice xmas eve. Appealed via the web, I know it would be refused. Also spoke to ASDA, their front desk supervisor said they would cancel it.

Receive second letter from TCP.

Spoke to ASDA store again (person in admin) same answer invoice would be cancelled.

Also emailed customer services at ASDA HQ.

I have a reply from Bruno.Wilson@asda.co.uk

"Thank you for your email regarding the parking charge notice you received at our ***** store.

I'm sorry that you still received a notice from Town and City Parking despite being assured that my colleague Sue had cancelled the ticket. I can appreciate how distressing this must have been for you.

I have just spoken to Julie who you spoke to on the 23rd and she has confirmed that the cancellation of the ticket has been processed by Asda and sent to Town and City Parking. As a result you shouldn't receive any further correspondence from them about this matter."

Although I have told POPLA that ASDA have cancelled the invoice I have provided no proof.

I await POPLA's answer.
SchoolRunMum
This is hilarious - Asda have cancelled it but TCP/Smart are still stupid enough to have allowed it to go to POPLA at their expense! Love it!
Evington
Received notification that my appeal to POPLA has been allowed.

Me
Vs
Town & City Parking Ltd (operator)
Reasons for the Assessor’s Determination

The Appellant received a parking charge notice but submits that he is not liable because he displayed a valid disabled badge.

The Operator informed POPLA that they have since cancelled the parking charge.

Therefore I need not decide the facts, and this appeal must be allowed.

WageSlave
Now I wonder what would happen if the OP issued a county court claim via MCOL seeking, as against T & C P Ltd, £300 for harassment for continuing to pester him for payment after Asda had told him that the ticket had been cancelled?

Just a thought.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.