Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Contravention 622
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
ExeC
Hi guys,

I want to obviously fight a charge given today taken by one of those cars with cameras on.

I had this come through which displays my car parked on a road (IIRC it was actually a yellow line) saying I parked on the curb. It also shows an incorrect time.

I just need confirmation that this can be challenged successfully even though I may have been on a yellow line. If I can does anyone have any jargon which I can put onto the letter to challenge the points made ?

Thanks for your time.

ExeC
In addition the address is incorrect given, I have never been to West Malling Way, Hornchurch. Its about 2 miles from where I remember being parked on this photo.
hcandersen
Please post all pages of the PCN as each page has mandatory wording which we need to inspect. The photo shows a car parked on the carriageway, so the council will need better evidence than this. We'll find out how to obtain this once you've posted the full PCN.
ExeC
Video Evidence :

http://havering.appeals-online.co.uk/Pages...ebCode=221AT896

Further page scans :

Incandescent
What is plainly obvious from the 'stance' of the car in the video is that it was not parked on the footway. Not only that but the video cannot possibly prove otherwise as it does not show the footway side of the car. Interesting there is a zoom-in to the parking sign, although one cannot read it on the video. So the OP may have parked within restricted hours, but the offence on the PCN is not for that, hence no offence occurred. ANy council rejecting an appeal on this shows their extreme venality and rapacity IMHO. Yet another council ignoring Statutory Guidance. The van is there so long, that (in the words of the Chief Adjudicator of the Traffic Penalty Tribunal), there would have been nothing stopping the person in the van from alighting and checking the car and if necessary, preparing and serving a PCN at the site. But of course it is Havering, another sneaky, venal and out-of-control borough.

So you appeal on the basis that the contravention did not occur. That is all that is needed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.