Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Private Parking Ticket UKPC in my space
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Thisgirlsings77
HI there

Forwarded here from a friend who has taken advice from here before.

I rent a flat in a private block with a private car park. It has security electric gates on it. I have my own space with my flat number painted on the ground which is paid for as part of my rent. I dont own a car at the moment, but I let my guest park their car in it overnight while he stayed over. There are signs all over the car park about needing a permit to park in your own space. The permits are got by telling the managing agents that the car is owned by you ( ie i am the RK) and the reg plate and so forth, and then the managing agent sends me a permit to park in the place that i already pay for??

Cue ticket on the windscreen the following morning from UKPC requesting payment of £50 within 14 days or £90 within 28 days. The reg plate is correct on the ticket however the model of the vehicle is incorrect. glare.gif Another slight hitch is that the guest is the RK of the vehicle although it is not registered to his address.

Do we need to pay this ticket as if so would like to do so today before it escalates to 90.00. unsure.gif

Sadly i dont have a scanner so cant really upload the ticket, if you need to i can try and take a picture with my phone if that would help in any way?

Should you need any information please let me know and Ill tell you whatever else you need.

Thanking you in advance smile.gif
Jlc
QUOTE (Thisgirlsings77 @ Sat, 2 Mar 2013 - 15:15) *
Do we need to pay this ticket

No.

Lease conditions will almost certainly trump them for starters. I'll dig out a recent thread.

Check the conditions...

QUOTE (Thisgirlsings77 @ Sat, 2 Mar 2013 - 15:15) *
Another slight hitch is that the guest is the RK of the vehicle although it is not registered to his address.

Give us some more? Company car?
bama
and check out
"the right to peaceful enjoyment"
its a right that depends on your ability to enforce AIUI
so write to the Mgmt Co and the pPC telling them to stop
trespassing on your property
and
to stop breaching your right to peaceful enjoyment
be reasonable give them a couple of goes (to and fro letters) and if they still persist suggest sue their assess in small claims.

having said that did you sign anything that makes you a party to this 'permit scheme' ?

(behind locked gates - what a joke !)
Thisgirlsings77
thank you so much for your replies.

The guest basically has registered the car to a previous address that he no longer lives at and his own poor admin means that he hadnt updated his address with them. Thing is they wont write to me, they will write to him wont they as the keeper? The letters are likely to get lost. Im guessing the question im getting at is would they be able to find the RK of the vehicle if they have the model wrong? I personally am happy to play hardball really and go for the ignore option but said guest finds it all a bit bothersome and stressful.

Im digging out my lease now to see what it says.

Jlc
QUOTE (Thisgirlsings77 @ Sat, 2 Mar 2013 - 19:24) *
The guest basically has registered the car to a previous address that he no longer lives at and his own poor admin means that he hadnt updated his address with them. Thing is they wont write to me, they will write to him wont they as the keeper? The letters are likely to get lost. Im guessing the question im getting at is would they be able to find the RK of the vehicle if they have the model wrong?

I suggest he updates it pronto - it's an offence not to. (Could have a few surprises, e.g. speeding notices)

Yes they write to the RK, the model is irrelevant as the search is done on the VRM. (Assuming they have that correct)
Thisgirlsings77
Thank you I did tell him to update it asap and i think he is doing it.

I inconveniently have taken my lease to work and its on my desk so i cant see the wording of it today.

DJXFM
Hi!

I am guessing the place you're referring to is in Didsbury, because I live there too!

As background, our old PPC went bust (shame) and UKPC have been installed as a replacement and they operate a permit scheme. I own my flat and therefore own my space (flat is leasehold). My girlfriend received a ticket today for not displaying the permit "correctly". I think it slipped off the dashboard. Anyway, a ticket for parking in our space. Which we own.

Amazing.

The management company, S&S Estates, are not interested in my concerns. I have emailed them outlining the law but have not received a reply, nor have they returned my calls. Nice to see my service charge is being used wisely!!

I am not going to display a permit in my space. What are they going to do? Ticket me every day for parking in my space?? Probably! I am going to email the management company and ask for the details of the current directors as they are ultimately responsible for the running of the site. I will invoice them for every PCN I unlawfully receive as well as a £150 administration charge for my time, effort, and resources. Easy!

Shame to have to bill the neighbours for this faff but they brought it on. It might be worth noting that the former directors of the management company all lived in properties which have 2 allocated parking spaces so why worry about us plebs with just one??

So please:

1. Don't pay a PENNY to these clowns.
2. Write to S&S Estates.
3. Write to our MP, John Leech (he's very anti-PPC).
4. Tell your neighbours to do the same.

If it's not the same place as me, it sounds like we are in the same boat anyway so keep us all posted on how you get on!
Jlc
There's a recent case on here where the PPC was successfully sued for trespass. Fightback wink.gif
DJXFM
I saw that earlier! Result. The PPC took photos of our car parked in our space for his own records and they have been published online. Plus his operator number is on the PCN. Conclusive evidence of trespass from the culprit himself.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
Thisgirlsings77
Hiya no im not in disdbury im down south but good to know thank you!

i did ask ( because i dont own a car) what happens about hiring cos obviously you are not gonna know the registration plate of a hire car until you turn up at the hire place, and sometimes in any event i dont hire a car a week in advance anyway :/

I got no response to this question.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.