Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Suspended bay" PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
aakinn
I received a PCN for parking in what I did not know was a suspended bay. I looked at the sign below before hand and this seems to suggest I was fine to park there. I got the ticket at around 9.30pm last night.

One of the photos that was uploaded on the gov.uk site where I went to review the evidence has the photo below.

Should the initial sign not have been removed or covered in some way as to me this is quite misleading.

Do I have a valid case for an appeal? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Incandescent
Not only misleading, but very naughty; "until further notice" means how long ? When I worked for the railways, we commonly had instructions "UFN" that were in force for decades ! So yes, the sign should have been covered over IMHO, and a suspension sign placed there instead.

Then there is the subject of the legality of the suspension sign (see press and BBC recent story on this)

Please post PCN - all sides, personal details redacted
aakinn
Thought as much myself. Thanks for the info regarding the BBC article aswell could be very helpful.

Sorry about the rubbish quality of the pictures. If need be I can get a scan of this later but for now this is the best I can do.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.