Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yellow Box Junction PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
medic1982
I got a ticket through the post for 'Entering and stopping in a box junction when prohibited' (4 days before Christmas - ho ho ho) - I am dispiting this because:

1. The cars in front of me were all moving and nothing was stationary.
2. There were two lanes entering the box junction and there should have been two lanes exiting the junction.
3. When I look at the picture, it confirms I was trying to move into the right hand lane. However the van in front had also began the same manoeuvre once we had had both entered the box junction.
4. My research indicates the box junction is illegal.

I was just wondering if anyone had any up to date info on this box junction? Any info or advice would be appreciated I am attaching the PCN, I am the car between the van and VW (?Golf?).

Thanks

Direct Links:

http://imageshack.us/a/img41/885/ybjpage1.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img402/121/ybjpage2.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img690/7666/ybjpage3.jpg
Hippocrates
The usual conflation argument re the two periods on the front of the PCN - Not a guarantee at PATAS, depends which adjudicator you get. Payment and reps periods are different but they have joined the two on page 1, at least.
medic1982
Thanks Hippocrates, I saw the same points but wasnt sure if it was worth a £65 bet. However I still dispute the legality of the ticket, because I do not believe an offence was commited and so I am looking towards PATAS. Wanting to be as well armed as possible!
Incandescent
Only the video can show you stopping, (or not, of course), so you need to see it. I'm not sure what the legislation demands on viewing this or how one does it, so wait for further advice., as there is nothing referring to viewing on the PCN. If you take it to PATAS, the video will be be part of TfLs evidence pack.
Hippocrates
QUOTE (medic1982 @ Sun, 23 Dec 2012 - 18:32) *
Thanks Hippocrates, I saw the same points but wasnt sure if it was worth a £65 bet. However I still dispute the legality of the ticket, because I do not believe an offence was commited and so I am looking towards PATAS. Wanting to be as well armed as possible!

What be a good idea is if we could arrange a consolidated appeal at PATAS re this wording issue i.e. before a panel of adjudicators. I do believe there is at least another live thread re this matter. Still, I am looking ahead.
Bluedart
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Sun, 23 Dec 2012 - 20:17) *
Only the video can show you stopping, (or not, of course), so you need to see it. I'm not sure what the legislation demands on viewing this or how one does it, so wait for further advice., as there is nothing referring to viewing on the PCN. If you take it to PATAS, the video will be be part of TfLs evidence pack.

The CCTV operator must let people know they are using CCTV. Signs are the most usual way of doing this. The signs must be clearly visible and readable, and should include the details of the organisation operating the system if not obvious.

All of this comes under the Data Protection Act. If information is held about you or your vehicle - you are entitled to see it.
Hippocrates
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Sun, 23 Dec 2012 - 20:17) *

The legislation is silent with regard to viewing the video, which makes the law an ass in my view. Further, TFL charge £10 for a copy before they send a free one to you and PATAS at the disclosure of evidence stage; however, this is contrary to PATAS's own guidlines in their Practice Manual to London Authorities - see their site. Yet, they turn a blind eye to that, too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.