Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro Car Parks- Wycombe
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
rj1986
Hi all,

So i got a letter from Euro Car parks saying that i overstayed (a free) 2 hour limit, despite me doing shopping and getting fuel from there.
They have 2 photos of my number plate, with the times not stamped, but written above them.

They have stated that i am the RK of the car, but have not asked if i was the driver.

SO do i just do as i have before, and ignore all letters, do do i exhaust the appeal system and send it to POPLA?

Thanks
Rich

EDIT- to add, this was 3rd Nov, so after the changes
Concrete Jungle
Do you want to play with ECP? I would be inclined to keep everything ECP send you together and ignore them.
rj1986
I just want the cheapest, most hassle free way.
I had an issue with UKPC last year, and after 6-7 letters they went away.

So i'll just ignore for now, yes?
ManxRed
Hassle free solution is ignore everything, yes.
prosnap
QUOTE (rj1986 @ Wed, 14 Nov 2012 - 12:00) *
So i'll just ignore for now, yes?

That would nearly always be my choice of action .....

Make them work for any money they mistakenly think they will get from me.
Gan
Ignoring them is easiest

Hard-ball appeal letting them know that you'll raise their contract issues at POPLA if they don't cancel is more final
rj1986
Cheers all- ignore it is!
Lynnzer
From reading the many topics on here, it appears that those PPC's who do actually progress to court via debt collection agency or solicitor are those who have a few unpaid tickets outstanding. It makes it a reasonable course of action and the quoting of quite large sums to a "debtor" is pretty frightening and may just get a result immediately before court.
While it's not too often most folk get a ticket, they can tend to build up unnoticed and then POW..... you're hit with a County Court action.
That's not to say it'll get a result in court but it's something most people would rather do without.

Funny thing is that this one has dropped onto the forum after I replied to this topic. Maybe not a serial ticket collector but it shows the problem.

I know the figures though, I see them rolled out almost daily on various new topics, but there's still some chance of stopping it in its tracks berore then.
I always prefer to write a letter, not an appeal as such, asking for full breakdown of costs to the landlord, the PPC's right to offer parking facilities etc.

Of course they never reply and treat the correspondence as an appeal anyway. But, the big thing is that if court action was ever undertaken you can say that you gave them ample opportunity to PROVE the debt.

In the meantime though easiest way out, hassle free except for a stream of letters from all and sundry, is to ignore.
rj1986
Cheers- ignore is plan A.

Plan B is appeal on the grounds 1- i was in the car, for 45 mins, so technically not parked, and 2- there is nowhere to pay to enable you to park for the over stay!
Jlc
QUOTE (rj1986 @ Wed, 14 Nov 2012 - 20:19) *
there is nowhere to pay to enable you to park for the over stay!

There wouldn't be any money in that... Better to send an invoice and for a good percentage of mugs people to pay up...
bama
forget plan B
its not good wording at all.

either a Gan special or summat like this
http://timkevan.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/cha...ing-charge.html
but modifying that to suit, no easy task for a newbie (no offence intended)
(believe it or not Kevan missed a couple of 'bullets' )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.