Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ticket Error & Expired Licence
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
bikerboy777
Got a roadside fixed penalty this morning for overtaking normal huge queue of traffic going into my place of work town (on my motorbike), done it a million times but this morning the nice man pulled me over and gave me the ticket and 'produce your licence' instruction.

I think I'm just going to pay up and eat the 3 points because my photo licence is 3 years out of date.

My questions are:

1. What's the likelyhood of the £1,000 fine being imposed when I produce my expired licence for my endorsement?

2. The Officer made an error when writing my address on the ticket, mis-spelled the street name ~ I read in the press often that appeals are often upheld on technicalities like this or am I just living in cloud cuckoo land?

AFCNEAL
Hard to comment without all the details - there's nothing fundamentally wrong with passing a line of traffic, what offence is alleged?

You are sadly indeed in cloud-cuckoo land in respect of basic admin errors - won't help at all!

Care to tell the whole story?
Jlc
What was the alleged offence?

Others will be along in regards to the expired licence.

In regards to the small error - there is no 'appeals' process other than requesting a court hearing. This detail can easily be corrected and the penalty will be higher at court.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.