Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milton Keynes PCN 11
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
mcbain70
Hi - advice please. Council PCN 11 - Parked without payment of parking charge.

I recently parked in the Xscape car park in Milton Keynes. This is a large car park that is partly owned and run by contractors for Milton Keynes and partly run by Vinci. The ONLY signs that are present as formal signs are ones that say 'P (symbol) 7am - 6pm; PERMIT HOLDERS or PAY BY PHONE or PAY AT MACHINE (with an arrow); DISPLAY TICKET'

I purchased a ticket from the machine in front of my car (there were two machines back to back) and displayed it correctly on the dash board. One machine looked like the typical ones you se in other MK car parks - this was the one I used. The other one was stickered up with signs saying 'pay to park by mobile phone'. As someone else was stood in front of that machine, I used the other one behind it

After receiving the PCN stuck on the windscreen, which is very much a council PCN by the looks of it and is almost identical to other examples of generic councils PCNS, I investigated why I may have received it. The parking ticket was valid for 14:16 to 17:46 - the PCN was issued at 14:35. It transpires that some of the car park is private and marked in blue and some is MK Council, marked in purple. One machine is Vinci, one is MK Council.

The only way to tell this is by looking at a sticker on the top of one of the machine. There is nothing saying that the other ticket is only for use in MK council parking bays.

Basically, can I contest this as there is insufficient signage? I can post more pictures up once I work out how to.

Gan
Almost identical to what a council PCN should look like is probably the biggest single reason for a successful appeal.

Post up what you've received, every page with your personal details hidden.
Don't alter the original document
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.