Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN - Redbridge Council - Court Way Car Park
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
GTucker
I have been given a PCN for parking in Court Way Car Park, which is the car park for the Magistrates court, without paying for a ticket and was wondering what the best way was I can appeal it.

The car park has 2 Ticket machines, but these were both out of order. There was a telephone number to call up to pay by Credit Card. I tried this number 3 times but each time got cut off. I later got a text message from them that said:

We're really sorry that RingGo let you down today. Please text back your number plate now. We'll remember it for next time which will make it quick and easy

I left my car in the car park and walked to the Magistrates court to ask if there was some other way I could pay or somewhere else to park. I was in there no more than 5 minutes, and came back to the ticket on my car. The ticket is timed at 13:57 and I took a picture of the machine at 14:05 which clearly says "Machine out of Order"

Thanks
EDW
QUOTE (GTucker @ Thu, 25 Oct 2012 - 11:32) *
I have been given a PCN for parking in Court Way Car Park, which is the car park for the Magistrates court, without paying for a ticket and was wondering what the best way was I can appeal it.

The car park has 2 Ticket machines, but these were both out of order. There was a telephone number to call up to pay by Credit Card. I tried this number 3 times but each time got cut off. I later got a text message from them that said:

We're really sorry that RingGo let you down today. Please text back your number plate now. We'll remember it for next time which will make it quick and easy

I left my car in the car park and walked to the Magistrates court to ask if there was some other way I could pay or somewhere else to park. I was in there no more than 5 minutes, and came back to the ticket on my car. The ticket is timed at 13:57 and I took a picture of the machine at 14:05 which clearly says "Machine out of Order"

Thanks

Post all the docs. and pics. here.
GTucker
Documents as requested

Front of PCN:

Back Of PCN:

Ticket Machines:

Ticket Machine Display:

Text Message:
Incandescent
Just shows what muppets they employ for CEOs. Checking machines are in order is normally part of their duties, or at least, that is what the government suggest in their guidance.

So you need to appeal informally now, before any NtO, and see what they say. They should cancel the PCN, as none of the payment facilities worked. Keep all those pics you have attached as they are evidence if you have to go to adjudication.
bama
prepare for the long game
redbridge are seriously off the reservation judging by what we see of them on here.
EDW
tell the council what happened, they will probably not cancel.

I think you have a good chance at patas if you can prove your story.

Do you use this car park regularly?
GTucker
Thanks All

No, It was my first time using the Car Park. I was there for a friend who had to attend court. As it was the Court car park it was the only place I could park. It's interesting that all the court sessions start at 2pm and the guy came around in his van just before this time. Another council money making scheme.

I ended up moving my car to the Sainsburys car park opposite which had Euro Car Park signs stating 2 hours maximum free parking and a Euro Car Parks Warden patrolling. I would have of course filled any invoice I received from them. happy.gif
GTucker
I have sent this E-Mail as an Informal Challenge along with the pictures:

Hi,

I have received a PCN which is feel has been unfairly issued and I would like to ask that it be cancelled.

I visited Redbridge Magistrates Court on the 18th October and drove into the Court Way car park. I parked my car and walked to the ticket machine to pay for a ticket. I found that of the 2 machines available, 1 was wrapped up and clearly out of use. (Image 1 Attached) I put my money into the other machine but the slot wouldn't allow me to put the coins in and the display on the machine read "Machine out of order" (Image 2 Attached)

I then saw there was a telephone number that I could pay by Telephone. This number kept cutting me off so I couldn't use this payment method either. (Later that evening I received 2 text messages from the service to apologise for not being able to pay this way - Image 3 Attached)

I then left my car and walked over to the Magistrates court to try and find someone to ask if there was any other way I could Pay or if there was somewhere else I could park. I was in the court for less than 10 minutes in which I was told that there was no where there I could pay and that I would be better off moving my car over to the Sainsburys car park. When I got back to my car I found I had been given a ticket at 13:57. I immediately moved my car to the Sainsburys car park, walked back and took the pictures I have attached. You can see that the time on the "Machine Out Of Order" one says 14:05.

I feel I have proved sufficiently that I had tried to pay for a Ticket so this should be reasonable grounds to have the PCN cancelled.

Regards
Incandescent
If they don't fold on that, then they're seriously out-of-order. So go all the way to adjudication if you have to, as they need bringing up short.
EDW
QUOTE (GTucker @ Fri, 26 Oct 2012 - 10:24) *
Thanks All

No, It was my first time using the Car Park. I was there for a friend who had to attend court. As it was the Court car park it was the only place I could park. It's interesting that all the court sessions start at 2pm and the guy came around in his van just before this time. Another council money making scheme.

I ended up moving my car to the Sainsburys car park opposite which had Euro Car Park signs stating 2 hours maximum free parking and a Euro Car Parks Warden patrolling. I would have of course filled any invoice I received from them. happy.gif

Ask them how many other pcn's were issued at around this time and when they knew the p&d machine was bust.
bama
CEO's notes (they are supposed to check the machines....)
EDW
I have a case about his sort of thing somewhere.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.