Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another CCTV parking ticket (Lambeth)
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
DennisPennis
The amount of CCTV cameras being used for parking and moving traffic offences in Lambeth is quite shocking!
Anyway, I received another fine from Lambeth council, this time for parking on double yellows.
I did park on them as I was stopping for 2 mins to pick something up and the double yellows are right next to a loading bay and a bus stop.
This is just off Coldharbour Lane in Brixton turning left into Atlantic Road:

Fine attached here, I haven't uploaded the whole lot, just the front page, as Lambeth do not seem to have any mistakes in their documentation so I can't appeal on those grounds.
I'm not sure all the t bars are in place but owing to my previous appeal for a moving traffic offence, I don't hold out much hope. The adjudicators seem to be swayed more by the recent rise of CCTV and photos in council fines and it doesn't seem like they will take technicalities into account.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
SchoolRunMum
'' I was stopping for 2 mins to pick something up'' = loading? But is there a kerb blip and a loading ban there at that time?
DennisPennis
QUOTE (SchoolRunMum @ Mon, 15 Oct 2012 - 20:33) *
'' I was stopping for 2 mins to pick something up'' = loading? But is there a kerb blip and a loading ban there at that time?

double kerb blip, might be a bit faint but the adjudicators don;t seem to care about that.
The signposts are also a bit non existent but apparently that doesn't matter for double yellows...
Incandescent
I know it sounds harsh, but it looks to me you are bang-to-rights on this one, so probably better to pay at 50% now and put it down to experience. However nil carborundum illegitimi
DennisPennis
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Tue, 16 Oct 2012 - 12:36) *
I know it sounds harsh, but it looks to me you are bang-to-rights on this one, so probably better to pay at 50% now and put it down to experience. However nil carborundum illegitimi

Probably right...I was hoping a technicality would get me off as I just had to pay £130 for a separate fine to the council. There is a loading bay about 5m in front of the yellow lines.
I really wish the use of CCTV for revenue generation would be looked at by the courts.
Signage isn't always as good as it should be and we seem to get the hard end of the stick even when the councils aren't fully complying with the laws: http://keycases.parkingandtrafficappeals.g...d%20version.pdf
Incandescent
I really wish the use of CCTV for revenue generation would be looked at by the courts.

Your last Labour government created this monster, but the other lot don't seem to be in a rush to do anything about it, probablybecause it allows councils to make shed loads of money without any need for discussion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.