Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barnet Council - 27. Parked in a special enforcement area...
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Lyndsayk
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentHi there,

I received a PCN from Barnet Council last night for;

27 - Parked in a special enforcement area adjacent to a footway, cycle track or verge lowered to meet the level of the carriageway.

I was the last car parked next to the dropped kerb but I don't believe that the car was overhanging to cause any obstruction. I logged onto the Council website this morning to have a look at their photos and they are pretty much 4 black boxes and all they seem to show is the car registration number (it was a hire car so I'm not fussed about people seeing the reg.). I have attached the images.

Rather frustratingly I was unable to photograph the car in situ when I got to it is this morning as I had no facility to do so.

Here is a link to the location on Google street view (I was roughly where the silver Mercedes A-Class is although further back from the dropped kerb);
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Grahame+Pa...,156.67,,0,1.75

I'd be really grateful if anyone could advise me on how I would be best contesting this and let me know if you require any further information.

Many thanks,
Lyndsay
Gan
Are CEOs specially trained to take completely incompetent photographs and check them before moving on ?

I would appeal that the vehicle was not overlapping the dropped part of the pavement.
If the appeal is not accepted you require copies of any photographs that show the alleged contravention
SchoolRunMum
Oh dear, a hire car. Oh dear.

When they reject your appeal they will send a Notice to Owner in due course, to the Hire co. Not to you. And the Hire co. might just pay it and charge you the FULL penalty plus a typical £30 admin fee on top for handling it.

Check your Hire t&cs, what does it say the Hire co. will do with Council parking tickets and how much will they change by way of admin fee?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.