Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chadwell Heath High Road Olimpic Bus Lane Penalties
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
sajee
I have been driving on the Chadwell Heath high road last 5 years and I have been using the bus lane near the whalebone lane to go to work. All this time the time restrictions were 3PM to 7PM. Due to Olympics they have changed this bus lane to 24 hours and I got to know when I start receiving the penalty notices. So far I have received 4 of them and not sure how many I will be getting in the future. I appeal for all 4 of them and recently I received the refusal letters for all 4 of them saying that they have advertised in the newspapers on 26th of May 2012. But they did not say what news papers they have advertised. I was trying to find out what newspapers they have advertised on 26th of May 2012 by doing research on Google but didn't have much luck. My wife was heavily pregnant that time and I was not in a good state of mind to read news papers however who would know what news paper to buy in order to read the council temporary traffic management orders.

After I received the PCNs I did some research and found the following things.

(1) MY refusal letters says they have put sufficient road signs to warn the drivers but I can assure that there weren't any signs in the area apart from a small laminated A4 size paper giving a notice saying the bus lane will be operated 24 hours from 1st of July to 31st of September 2012. (I have attaches a photo of the notice)

I have noticed there were big yellow warning sings at the beginning of the Longbridge road but there weren't any signs like on the Chawell heath high road or near by the CCTV that the PCN was issues.

(2) As I had to drive on the Bus Lane only about 20 to 30 meters before end of the Bus lane I can see only only Bus Lane sign which was covered by the branches of a nearby tree. (I have attached a picture of this too) Therefore I did not see the changed signs clearly. However they have cleared the obstructed branches last week.

(3) According to the Barking & Dagnem CCTV Surveillance System Code of Practice section 2 – point d) – third paragraph state the following.

“None of the cameras forming part of the System will be installed in a covert manner. Some cameras may enclosed within ‘All weather domes’ for aesthetic or operational reasons but the presence of all cameras will be identified by appropriate signs”

There is a very small warning sign but not facing toward the on coming drivers. It is faced to the pedestrians who are walking other side of the road. I saw it today and I do not know whether they have recently fixed it though.

(4) Their A4 size laminated note says the 24 hour bus lane restrictions applied from 1st of July to 30th of September. However the refusal letter I received says the 24 hour restriction starts from the 16th of July. Even the end date meant to be 30th of September they have already changed the signs back to 3PM-7PM.

Are these evidence good enough for me to do a formal representation against this unfair penalty charges by the council? Please help

Also if the law says the councils can advertise in any news paper for a day and put a small A4 size note on the traffic road sign poles that the drivers can not read, one could say that these laws are in place purely to make money for he councils instead of having an improved traffic systems.

Any HELP would be really appreciated.
EDW
Edit the docs. so that your personal details are removed.

kimthebookworm
My husband is in the same position - a careful driver who has been using this road for years.

He also observed changes in other areas but nothing at all on this road and was given two PCN in two days - thankfully no more than that. Just wondered how you are getting on with your appeal?

We are appealing now.

God bless - hope you are successful and thanks for taking the photos - we knew there had been no clear signage!
EDW
QUOTE (kimthebookworm @ Tue, 6 Nov 2012 - 10:46) *
My husband is in the same position - a careful driver who has been using this road for years.

He also observed changes in other areas but nothing at all on this road and was given two PCN in two days - thankfully no more than that. Just wondered how you are getting on with your appeal?

We are appealing now.

God bless - hope you are successful and thanks for taking the photos - we knew there had been no clear signage!

Please start your own thread or things get messy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.