Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Needed
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Velocity
Hello,

I was zapped today by a hand held mobile speed trap  for doing 41mph in a 30mph zone.

I have produced my documents at the police station as requested however upon getting home and reading the sheet of paper the police officer gave me i have found a few in accuracys on the sheet, i was wondering wether i had any grounds to make it void.

The errors are: It says the offence was Sunday the 29th of August however today is Monday the 29th of August

The postcode is incorrect on the form (this is probaly meaningless)

So i was wondering if it is possible to make it void on the Invalid date.

Velocity

I have checked upon the forum however havn't found anything of use so i have decided to register and post.

Hopefully somebody can provide a clear answer, if i have missed the answer then i am sorry.

Many Thanks
DW190
The errors are: It says the offence was Sunday the 29th of August however today is Monday the 29th of August

How could he accurately say what speed you were doing when he doesn't even know what day it is.
Velocity
he had a mobile device that recorded 41mph on the LCD display.

Really what i want to know is, is it worth fighting it? Do I have a leg to stand on?

If not i won't bother
DW190
Have you received a Fixed Penalty or was you cautioned and read your rights at the scene?
Velocity
I was cautioned at the scene and read my rights.
DW190
QUOTE (Velocity)
I was cautioned at the scene and read my rights.

In that case you should wait until an envelope drops through the letter box then post again.  Sometimes they don't even appear.
Velocity
Whys that?

He wrote a yellow peice of paper out, took my details say i need to produce my documents within 7days. (i did this today).

However i have 28days to send off the 60pound fine or request a court hearing.

Should i expect another letter through the door?

I don't want to ignore this fine before it gets bigger.

To clear up: I was clocked by a hand held speed trap camera, there was one police man. He read me my rights and cautioned me and then he told me today i would be getting 3 points and a 60pound fine and that would be the end of it. He handed over a yellow peice of paper with all my details on in including my registration number, address, date and time of offence etc. I then drove off..

I got home after producing my documents at the police station to see these descrepencies in the form.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer
DW190
QUOTE (Velocity)
Whys that?

He wrote a yellow peice of paper out, took my details say i need to produce my documents within 7days. (i did this today).

However i have 28days to send off the 60pound fine or request a court hearing.

Should i expect another letter through the door?

I don't want to ignore this fine before it gets bigger.

To clear up: I was clocked by a hand held speed trap camera, there was one police man. He read me my rights and cautioned me and then he told me today i would be getting 3 points and a 60pound fine and that would be the end of it. He handed over a yellow peice of paper with all my details on in including my registration number, address, date and time of offence etc. I then drove off..

I got home after producing my documents at the police station to see these descrepencies in the form.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer

It does make it a little clearer.

You appear to have accepted an on the spot fixed penalty.

Did you sign anything at the scene?
jeffreyarcher
If it's an on the spot FPN, you usually only have seven days to contest the ticket, and request a court hearing, if you want to.
Velocity
I signed a yellow piece of paper at the scene that reads at the top 'FIXED PENALTY NOTICE (ENDORSABLE OFFENCE)

I signed it however it wasn't until later i found these x2 errors of the form.

Day and Postcode
DW190
QUOTE (Velocity)
I signed a yellow piece of paper at the scene that reads at the top 'FIXED PENALTY NOTICE (ENDORSABLE OFFENCE)

I signed it however it wasn't until later i found these x2 errors of the form.

Day and Postcode

As you have already accepted the offer of a fixed penaly it seems pointless going for a court hearing.  I dont feel you would gain anything by doing so.

Although others may have a different opinion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.