Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think 9 points are on there way
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
randomboy
Hey there,

Ive never had any points in my 12 years of driving and now have received 3 NIP's in one month angry.gif

One is for doing 36 in a 30 through town centre
One is for doing 37 in a 30 on a city centre road
One is for doing 55 in a 40 on a dual carriage way approaching a main carriage where its 50mph

Im really ****** off to be honest as i dont drive like a maniac but have simply been caught most likely by keeping with the flow of traffic like we all do.

The photos (print outs) they have sent me are crap as they are so close to my car that i cant even see where about i was on the rode, plus they are poor quality.

I guess im going to have to send the NIP's back and i imagine i will get 9 points and 3 x £60 fines......is this right??
Jlc
Definitely send the NIPs (s172) back as you'll get 18 points for not responding! The pictures don't give any hope I'm afraid.
Gan
Are the two 30 mph offences in different regions ?

If so, would it be noticed in time if he applied for two courses ?

squaredeal
Only if 1 offence was in an area that belonged in the National scheme and the other didn't.

If they are both in the Nat scheme, then as soon as the automatic eligibility check for the second offence is made it'll come back as inelligible, and a CO will be the only option.
andy_foster
A couple of sanctimonious posts were removed by the moderators.
Arguably the OP's response to those comments is no longer applicable to this thread.
BaggieBoy
I just looked at the OP's previous thread and they looked odds on for a summons and 6 points, but never updated with the outcome. In that they also admitted to a previous speeding offence 7 years before. Strange they now claim to have always had a clean licence. So what is the truth?
randomboy
The outcome from that summons was that it was withdrawn so I got no points and so I am telling the truth about never having any points.

Here's an example of how ridiculous sticking exactly to the limit is, I've just driven back from stanstead down the A14.

I'm doing 70, constantly checking my Speedo to make sure Meanwhile I being past by literally every car, every single one. It's just pathetic.

This country is such a nanny state in every way, arent we intelligent enough to be trusted to use our own judgement?

Any by the way...my attitude is fine with people who dont judge
Pete D
My speedo reads 76 when I am doing 70. Pete D
The Slithy Tove
QUOTE (randomboy @ Sat, 1 Sep 2012 - 16:15) *
This country is such a nanny state in every way, arent we intelligent enough to be trusted to use our own judgement?

Regrettably, no. Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public. After all, look at how many of them choose to read the Daily Mail (and even believe what it says).
mrh3369
QUOTE (randomboy @ Sat, 1 Sep 2012 - 16:15) *
Any by the way...my attitude is fine with people who dont judge

Best hope you never end up in court then tongue.gif
sgtdixie
Here's an example of how ridiculous sticking exactly to the limit is

doesn't show that at all, it just shows others don't stick to the limits. You will find that sticking to the limits means no points or fines, perhaps a reason in itself to stick to them? You will also find that journey times are almost identical to when you rush and your stress levels are much reduced.
Ocelot
QUOTE (sgtdixie @ Mon, 3 Sep 2012 - 16:28) *
Here's an example of how ridiculous sticking exactly to the limit is

doesn't show that at all, it just shows others don't stick to the limits. You will find that sticking to the limits means no points or fines, perhaps a reason in itself to stick to them? You will also find that journey times are almost identical to when you rush and your stress levels are much reduced.

You also may find that your petrol consumption will reduce.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.