Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN in Southwark on Bank Holiday
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
happygolatte
Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I received a PCN and I guess I deserve it but it hurts to get dinged for £65. I was thinking that parking restrictions are off on holidays but I guess its only for metered parking.

Anyway, I'll attach a couple photos and the PCN and see if anyone can help me, maybe there is an error somewhere. I noticed the sign doesn't show what days of the week, where the next sign does.

I'm the white Prius on the far left of the first photo.

Thanks for any help or input.

Here is the back of the pcn. thanks
Incandescent
Hmm, looks like your bang-to-rights there, the sign is unambigous, (in your pic). What on earth made you think all parking is free and unrestricted on Bank Holidays ? Only way to appeal this is on the process being followed correctly, or faults in the paperwork. Also the TMO must back up the sign; does it ?

Decision time on whether to pay the 50% reduced amount or fight it.
Friendly71
Look at this link: Bank Holiday parking - Southwark Council.
This details Parking Enforcement on Bank holidays in Southwark on Monday 4 and Tuesday 5 June 2012, but presumably also applies on other Bank Holidays? Unless the fact that it doesn't mention yesterday's Bank Holiday helps you? This forum's experts will advise.

From the link, it states the following:
• Permit holders parking bays within Bankside controlled parking zone (C1) (only) will be enforced between 8 am to 11 pm
but there is
Free parking on single yellow lines, paid for parking places, permit holders parking bays (except for Zone C1) and council run car parks (in Peckham and Walworth).
[my emphasis]

So clearly the council treats Zone C1 as a special case and enforces permit holders parking bays there even on Bank Holidays.

You should also post the back of the PCN, in case there is any incorrect wording.
Bluedart
QUOTE (happygolatte @ Tue, 28 Aug 2012 - 15:49) *
Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I received a PCN and I guess I deserve it but it hurts to get dinged for £65. I was thinking that parking restrictions are off on holidays but I guess its only for metered parking.

Anyway, I'll attach a couple photos and the PCN and see if anyone can help me, maybe there is an error somewhere. I noticed the sign doesn't show what days of the week, where the next sign does.

I'm the white Prius on the far left of the first photo.

Thanks for any help or input.

We do need the back of the pcn.
happygolatte
Hi,

I've added the back of the pcn.

thanks for all your help,
SchoolRunMum
That's not a residents or shared use bay...maybe wrong Contravention Code? Should be parking in a permit place or zone without displaying a valid permit shouldn't it?

Also the back of the PCN says 'challenge must be made immediately'?? = Vague/wrong timeline.

NTO 'will' be issued = should read NTO 'may' be issued.

'if your challenge is unsuccessful you will need to wait for the NTO' = no you can send more challenges before the NTO!

And the whole paragraph refers to 'you' (the driver) including suggesting that YOU can appeal to an adjudicator = no YOU (the driver) can't, only the owner can...

There may be more missing on the back as it doesn't look quite right, compare to this:

http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/parkingtickets.htm

HTH
happygolatte
Thanks for all your help.

SchoolRunMum, which contravention code do you think it should be? 15 or 16?

Thanks
Bagshot
As SRM so rightly points out, it should have been:

16 Parked in a permit space or zone without displaying a valid permit.

The code is irrelevant but the wording isn't and the wording is just plain wrong. You were not in a residents or shared use place so "contravention did not occur"

Shouldn't have done it, but there's a fair chance you'll get away with it this time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.