Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Riding 125cc without L Plate (3 Points & £60 Penalty on Driving Licence)
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
yoursinlove
Hi Guys!

I was using a friends bike 125cc, which used to have L Plate before (and I used it for the first time!).
A policeman stopped me and checked everything, the bike is fully insured for business purpose. But no L Plate.
But the problem was that, I have got full UK Car Driving Licence, he checked everything and Awarded me 3 penalty point on my licence and £60 penalty and asked me to present my Driving Licence to the nearest police station within 7 days.
I said L Plate, is fallen off (he recorded in his device and showed me) but according to him nothing will change.

Guys, would anyone advise me any solution, I am ready to pay the Penalty but don't want points on my licence.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards
jobo
QUOTE (yoursinlove @ Tue, 28 Aug 2012 - 10:43) *
Hi Guys!

I was using a friends bike, which used to have L Plate before (and I used it for the first time!).
A policeman stopped me and checked everything, the bike is fully insured for business purpose. But no L Plate.
But the problem was that, I have got full UK Car Driving Licence, he checked everything and Awarded me 3 penalty point on my licence and £60 penalty and asked me to present my Driving Licence to the nearest police station within 7 days.
I said L Plate, is fallen off (he recorded in his device and showed me) but according to him nothing will change.

Guys, would anyone advise me any solution, I am ready to pay the Penalty but don't want points on my licence.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards
what cc is the bike
yoursinlove
Hi Jobo!

It is 125cc.
I mentioned in the topic (But now I mentioned in the main post as well!)
jobo
QUOTE (yoursinlove @ Tue, 28 Aug 2012 - 10:59) *
Hi Jobo!

It is 125cc.
I mentioned in the topic (But now I mentioned in the main post as well!)

you did indeed, as you only have a provo for a 125, then lplates are necessary to meet the licience requirements, did you have one or no l plates
yoursinlove
QUOTE (jobo @ Tue, 28 Aug 2012 - 12:03) *
you did indeed, as you only have a provo for a 125, then lplates are necessary to meet the licience requirements, did you have one or no l plates

No L Plates at all!

And second issue is that I have sent my Driving Licence as a proof of Address and not expecting to receive it back within a week! wacko.gif

So, friend advise me to pay the penalty at least and than see what happens!
The Rookie
You don't yet have a fixed penalty, and won't have until you surrender your licence, what you have may say it is but legally it is not.

If you don't get your licenec back in time then I suggest you contact the Police, explain the situation and ask for more time to surrender, they may well comply.
Pete D
You have sent your licence to whom and why can you not contact and get them to send it back ASAP. Pete D
led zep
Am I right in thinking that you rode a motorcyle without having completed a CBT.I wonder whether insurance company would have provided cover if this had been declared in T&C
The CBT is there in order to avoid car drivers just jumping onto motorcycles without sitting CBT.I am surprised that BIB did not ask you about CBT certificate and to produce it.
yoursinlove
QUOTE (led zep @ Tue, 28 Aug 2012 - 20:41) *
Am I right in thinking that you rode a motorcyle without having completed a CBT.I wonder whether insurance company would have provided cover if this had been declared in T&C
The CBT is there in order to avoid car drivers just jumping onto motorcycles without sitting CBT.I am surprised that BIB did not ask you about CBT certificate and to produce it.

(Sorry for late reply!)
As I have mentioned the main problem is ridding without 'L' plate, basically me and my friend, who has got the full licence were supposed to swap the bike as the other bike had 'L' plates fitted for me, but unluckily he forgot.

I have visited Police Station and asked them to give me something in written to proof that I presented and scanned it and email with the payment confirmation to the CAO (the address mentioned in the penalty notice).

On the other hand, I have sent my Driving licence as proof of Address to British High Commission, and requested them to send me back.
The Rookie
QUOTE (yoursinlove @ Wed, 5 Sep 2012 - 14:09) *
I have visited Police Station and asked them to give me something in written to proof that I presented and scanned it and email with the payment confirmation to the CAO (the address mentioned in the penalty notice).

What on earth does that mean?
yoursinlove
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Wed, 5 Sep 2012 - 14:41) *

I have already explained that I don't have my driving licence with me and I needed some time to present it!

Mattd
QUOTE (led zep @ Tue, 28 Aug 2012 - 20:41) *

So am I
mrh3369
With these points and another 6 likely for no insurance on your other thread you are likely to be only 3 points off a 6 month totting up ban, you might like to consider driving like a nun for the next 3 years.
The Rookie
QUOTE (yoursinlove @ Wed, 5 Sep 2012 - 15:00) *
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Wed, 5 Sep 2012 - 14:41) *

I have already explained that I don't have my driving licence with me and I needed some time to present it!

Yes I know I read that bit and understood it, it's just the meaningless drivel I quoted that made no sense at all!

'in written in proof' WHAT

I presented and scanned it and email with......yeah WHAT, you didn't present a licence so what did you present, why scan it and email it (whatever IT) is after presenting 'it'.

Payment confirmation for what payment, you don't have an FPN so can't have paid that, even if you had what confirmation did you send?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.