Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Traffic light camera
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Fervid
Just a quick one (and as you can tell I'm new to the forum so go easy on me), driving to work this morning and went through a red light (definitely on red, my own fault, just simply wasn't concentrating), on the way back I spotted the lights had a yellow one of these http://www.ifimages.com/photos/srJPzjfeOBu...ight-Camera.jpg ten metres or so away, it didn't flash but would it have mattered? Do these need to flash or not? Just a bit worried as I got caught speeding earlier this year, however I did get away with a speed awareness course, if worse comes to worse & I got caught this morning will I get the points for the speeding or are they separate considering they are different offences?

Cheers in advance for any replies.

Below is a link to an image of the lights and camera in question.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5650/13887582.jpg
Jlc
It's hard to tell without a crystal ball - the only sure fire way to know is whether the NIP arrives (14 days if you are registered keeper). It may also depend how red the lights were as there's a small tolerance even passing at red.

However, it is no way associated with the previous speeding. If caught you might be able to take a traffic light awareness course.
mrh3369
If you completed the course then the speeding case is closed so the worst case scenario is court for the red light offence if detected, the punishment would depend on how long into the red and could theoretically start at another course or 3pts and £60 and could be far higher but as said that depends on how long into the red you crossed.
Fervid
Cheers for the replies, I take it these don't have to flash to work then?

FWIW this happened in Manchester and I think I remember reading somewhere that GMP offer traffic light courses?
Jlc
GMP course
norahl
QUOTE (Fervid @ Wed, 22 Aug 2012 - 07:56) *

FWIW this happened in Manchester and I think I remember reading somewhere that GMP offer traffic light courses?

If there is enough light they don't have to flash.
Fervid
QUOTE (norahl @ Thu, 23 Aug 2012 - 09:03) *
QUOTE (Fervid @ Wed, 22 Aug 2012 - 07:56) *

If there is enough light they don't have to flash.

It was 5am & quite dark.
The Rookie
They always flash (or should always)......
norahl
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Thu, 23 Aug 2012 - 16:24) *

No they don't; they do if it's dark though.
justforthepictures
QUOTE (norahl @ Thu, 23 Aug 2012 - 20:47) *
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Thu, 23 Aug 2012 - 16:24) *

No they don't; they do if it's dark though.

The flash unit on a Gatso RedLight is designed to operate every single time the unit is triggered. It has nothing to do with the level of ambient light.

The most common reason for not flashing is a blown fuse.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.