Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speeding and address wrong on log book - help please!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
AllyS
Ok, got myself in a little pickle and really worried.

May have got caught speeding on M25 last night as the gantry's flashed. Anyway, I will take that shouldn't have been speeding-lesson learned!

But I have just realised I forgot to change my log book for the car (licence is up to date) and I have called DVLA and this is what the police use Ex H left address 1 month ago but only redirected his Post (which is cool, my fault) he doesn't know new people. I was intending on changing it when I got home (away at the moment) but I could pop in post office and do it on their forms - can I? But what do I do about the possibility of the fine going to old address I don't want to get in more trouble!

I thought about redirection but that takes 5 days. Another possibility I guess is to contact Surrey speed fine office and tell them, but will that work? I just don't want this to be escalated and I am worried that I won't even know that a fine has been issued.

Spoke to ex this morn and he made a good point what of you get a speeding fine whilst the address on log book is being changing over?

Any ideas help greatly appreciated
The Rookie
They will send a NIP to the regsitered keeper at the last known address, if you never get that you are likley to be convicted in your absence of failing to ID the driver, why not take steps with the new inhabitant of that address to get any post - simples.
Logician
Yes, put a redirection in place, then call on new occupants and explain that you have done that but if in the meantime any post comes through would they be so kind as to forward it to your new address. When I last moved the previous owners left some sheets of sticky labels with their new address on to make it easy for me to do that.
AllyS
Thanks for help x

I live 200 miles away sad.gif and I am pretty sure ex won't go round.

If I called Surrey police next week would they be able to tell me anything has been issued?
The Rookie
Just change your logbook ASAP first, if the NIP is returned as not known this address they'll recheck and find the change anyway.

You could contact the police, ask for the speed camera unit.
Logician
QUOTE (AllyS @ Fri, 17 Aug 2012 - 11:45) *
Thanks for help x

I live 200 miles away sad.gif and I am pretty sure ex won't go round.

If I called Surrey police next week would they be able to tell me anything has been issued?

Well write, then. To "The Occupier" if the name is unknown. Enclose an sae and ask them to confirm they have received your letter, as you are expecting important post which may go to them.
AllyS
Spoken to my friend that works for post office in my old area and she is going to ask if there is anything they can do to help. Fingers crossed!

Going to local dvla centre on Monday and changing my address.

Thanks for your advice smile.gif
scottishpoet
why don't you just set up your own redirection now?

https://www.royalmail.com/delivery/inbound-mail/redirections
AllyS
Have done that, but takes 5 days to kick in smile.gif
gilan02
Redirection is not always perfect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.