Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN on dropped footway
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
astarmathsandphysics
I got a pcn in Lambeth council on 31st May. I thought I was right on the edge of the dropped footway.
I appealed immediately and they received my appeal on 12th June. On13 August I received their rejection. The original pcn is faded and not worth posting.
Do the picture or length of time constitute grounds for appeal?

Another pic

and this
makara
I suspect others will want to see that PCN, even if faded - is it totally unreadable?
Gan
Could one of the mods merge this with the OP's thread in the Speeding forum ?

It looks as if you're still at the informal stage when there isn't a time limit, but without the PCN, however faded, and a copy of your appeal it's impossible to help you.
ford poplar
"On13 August I received their rejection"

PCN issued 31 May so looks like at Formal Reps stage unless PATAS info included in their letter.

OP scan & post PCN (some graphics packages can be used to enhance text.
Also add your reps and their letter of rejection.
Gan
The OP showed their rejection letter in his thread in the Speeding forum

I wonder if he's edited it because I'm sure that it originally had a title not just the text

If his appeal was 12th June it would be an informal and they've taken a long time to reply. He hasn't mentioned an NTO.

If it had been a formal, the 56 day limit would be in play with the adjudicator.

The photos are too small to see clearly but it doesn't look as if more than the bumper overhangs the fully dropped kerb.

Are CEOs specially trained to take photos from every angle except the one that would clearly show a dropped kerb contravention ?
astarmathsandphysics
Here is the pcn

And here is the edited rejection letter
Gan
Does the PCN have a second page ? If so we need to see it
Where is your appeal letter ?
Can we see the whole of the rejection letter ? Popeye only meant that you should remove your personal details and the ticket number.
We need to see everything else
astarmathsandphysics
Stupidly, possibly I didnt keep a copy of the appeal letter. Here is the rejection letter in full minus personal details.
SchoolRunMum
Surely both the PCN and the rejection letter had a page 2? Small print on the back and standard-looking guff about appeals/payment are as important as the front pages on here.
astarmathsandphysics
Here they are. Thought they would be standard pcn/rejection letter.
SchoolRunMum
Hmmmm another one where I would pay up while you still have the discount. Like another poster on here this evening, you have parked the car right at the end of a junction and also blocked the clearly marked dropped kerb which is there to assist people with prams, buggies, wheelchairs or 'oldiemobiles' to cross the road.
astarmathsandphysics
Wouldn't the fact that they took two months to reply to an appeal mean anything at all? They are supposed to reply within 56 days.
Gan
QUOTE (astarmathsandphysics @ Fri, 17 Aug 2012 - 09:19) *
Wouldn't the fact that they took two months to reply to an appeal mean anything at all? They are supposed to reply within 56 days.

That only applies to the formal appeal when you receive the Notice to Owner

Picking up on SRM's comment, your location has some aggravating factors.
An adjudicator would be less inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt regarding the "fully dropped" issue
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.