Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Think i was caught speeding by mobile camera
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
roryb
Hi guys i think i was caught speeding in north devon back on the 31st July 2012 in my work van. I said to my boss about this so he said he will tell me right away if i have been.Today is the 14th August 2012 and we still havent heard nothing so does this mean i wasnt caught? Any help would be good.Thanks
BaggieBoy
Who is the registered keeper of the van? It's quite likely a lease company is involved, if so you're not off the hook yet.
roryb
The registered keeper is my boss that i told i think iv been caught?
jimster
QUOTE (roryb @ Tue, 14 Aug 2012 - 20:21) *
The registered keeper is my boss that i told i think iv been caught?

Get him to show you the V5

pcman1985
What speed was you doing and what was the speed limit?
justforthepictures
QUOTE (roryb @ Tue, 14 Aug 2012 - 18:32) *
Hi guys i think i was caught speeding in north devon back on the 31st July 2012 in my work van. I said to my boss about this so he said he will tell me right away if i have been.Today is the 14th August 2012 and we still havent heard nothing so does this mean i wasnt caught? Any help would be good.Thanks

What makes you believe you were detected at the time? The system may not have been running at that time.

Is the vehicle really leased by your company?
pcman1985
QUOTE (justforthepictures @ Tue, 14 Aug 2012 - 20:39) *
What makes you believe you were detected at the time? The system may not have been running at that time.

Same happened to me a few months ago I was going approx 38 on a road (dual carriageway with a stupid 30mph limit) and when rounding a slight bend I saw a mobile camera van parked in a slip road with the rear of it facing coming traffic. I thought I was caught but never heard anything.
Also about 100 yards after where the van was parked is a Truvelo Speed Camera (needless to say I was going under 30 when I got to it)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.