Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN issued outside my house while I went in to find my permit
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
wardensarescum
Hi I live in Wembley and was going in my house to find my event day parking permit. I was gone for 4 minutes and when I got back my car already had a ticket on it. Can the warden do this?

Also my house has a white line (that we paid the council for) across our drive way so no one else can park there. Are they allowed to issue me a ticket for parking on my own white line on an event day?

Thanks

James
orford
QUOTE (wardensarescum @ Sat, 11 Aug 2012 - 17:22) *
Hi I live in Wembley and was going in my house to find my event day parking permit. I was gone for 4 minutes and when I got back my car already had a ticket on it. Can the warden do this?

You are allowed a reasonable time to get a permit.

QUOTE (wardensarescum @ Sat, 11 Aug 2012 - 17:22) *
Also my house has a white line (that we paid the council for) across our drive way so no one else can park there. Are they allowed to issue me a ticket for parking on my own white line on an event day?
The ticket would be for parking across the dropped kerb, the CEO would have no way of knowing who the car belonged to. You want them to ticket other cars, but at the same time you can't expect every CEO to know the reg no of every resident who has a crossover or whether they have the resident's permission to park there.

However, you can park on a crossover with the residents permission so you would be able to appeal

That said you would still need a event day permit
bama
is it a dropped kerb for a single residence ? (ass opposed to a shared driveway )
and post up the PCN - minus personal details
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?autoco...ticle&id=16
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.