Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 46 in a 30 plus another two nip waiting to be recieved
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Joe88
I'm a stupid idiot I know.. So no one need to remind lol. I got flashed doing 46 in a 30mph zone. I'm a Taxi driver and I had been dodged £40 for the fair and of course I was fuming hence not paying attention to the speed and hit a camera

Then the weekend just gone I went from a different camera to the first one. Not sure what the speed but it was a purple flash just the once. but my sat nav said it was a 40 mph road. The next night on the sat I was
Going down the same road and it flashed me again so yea it had a wicked weekend.

So already having one letter through the post I'm waiting on another 2

Basically if I lose my licence it's not just my lively hood I lose it's a 32,000 cab my taxi plate. And will 100% be homeless... So as you can imagine I feel fiscally sick at the moment

Is there any way I can fix all this ?

Many thanks guys hope you understand
Logician
Provided you were not going at 25mph or more over the limit each one should only get you 3 points by way of a fixed penalty, so unless you already have points you should not become a totter and at risk of losing your licence. If you do become a totter, you can put forward an exceptional hardship argument, which carries more weight for hardship to others eg if you have family in the house.

If in the 40 limit you were doing 53 or less you might be offered a course rather than a fixed penalty, unless you were in Scotland. If you were flashed by the same camera on consecutive days, you might persuade them that you did not realise the limit and had not received a NIP for the first offence by the time you got the second, so you had not had it brought to your attention, so they might cancel the second one.
glasgow_bhoy
How many points do you have at present?

Have you done a speed awareness course?

Do you know the camera that got you twice has film in it?
Joe88
Hi I appreciate your reply logician.. It's mine and my fathers buisness. But if I mess up there is no way he could afford the payments hisself. Witch means resulting to us falling and them kicking me out the house witch I wouldn't blame them it's my fault for being a idiot and eager to get home...

I have never had any other motoring offences befor.

It's was early hours of the morning. There is no school around. It's a dual carriage way..

Hi Glasgow boy...

I've never had points or a speed awareness course befor

I'm not sure if it has a film in the cameras I wouldn't no how to tell if it dose or not??!!
The Rookie
You don't until/unless a NIP turns up.

The purplish flash was front facing? That will mean a digital truvelo so they always have 'film' (well memory) in them.....
Joe88
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Wed, 8 Aug 2012 - 05:14) *
You don't until/unless a NIP turns up.

The purplish flash was front facing? That will mean a digital truvelo so they always have 'film' (well memory) in them.....

Na it took the picture from behind, just the one flash
The Rookie
No device used in the UK does one flash from behind, maybe you missed the second flash?

Do you have a that streetview link so we can confirm the limit and also camera type.
Joe88
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Wed, 8 Aug 2012 - 05:26) *
No device used in the UK does one flash from behind, maybe you missed the second flash?

Do you have a that streetview link so we can confirm the limit and also camera type.

I'm positive this camera flashed me once from behind big purple/blue flash.

It said the road was 40mph on my sat-nav so I drove back later to check and it wasn't it was a 30mph Double lane carrige way. the last time I buy a cheap sat-nav off ebay.

It said the first road I got flashed on to was a 40mph road on my sat nav

The road is gosport road A27 fareham. Hampshire

I'm not sure how to get the name of the camera up on that stretch of road

The Rookie
Go to google maps, go to the road, drag the man symbol from top left onto the map and deposit the circle under him on the road, manouver the screen view to the point you want using arrows top left and clicking onto the road to move then click on the chain link sysmbol top left (just off the map) and copy and paste the link in here.

As you have found using satnav for speed limits (cheap or expensive, they use the same databases generally) is not a good idea, use the mkI eyeball it's more reliable. If it's a Gatso from behind it may be a dummy unit (designed to scare - that works right!) or a real one out of film.

You sound quite young, can I suggest you brush up on speed limit signage requirements, the most important of which is streetlights and no signs means a 30mph limit (repeater signs are explicitly NOT allowed), if in doubt THIRTY!

According to google maps Gosport road Gosport road is the A32, or it joins the A27 at Easter/Western way, so which one?
mrh3369
Worst case scenario would be 3 NIPs of which 2 could be points and one speed awareness course if eligible but just wait and see what the postman brings and slow down
emsgeorge
If its the one next to the garage, its a truvelo. (Just before the bridge / gospit road split)
The Rookie
Aye but truvelo is front facing not rear facing!
Joe88
Yea it's the one out side the esso garage. And it most certainly got me from the back.

I no people who got flashed by it at the beginning of the year and recieved tickets
sgtdixie
you might persuade them that you did not realise the limit

A bench are unlikely to believe this of a local taxi driver.
Joe88
In not a taxi driver in Gosport I'm a taxi driver in Portsmouth. The other times I have been to gosport I went through the camera at 40mph and it
Never flashed me
dusty miller
i know this camera,very well as i live in gosport.if you are travelling out of gosport towards fareham,it is set up to flash you from behind.every now & then they face it the other way,to catch speeders,coming into gosport from fareham, this then becomes a forward facing camera.
Joe88
Great so I deffinately have 2 tickets coming brilliant lol
Pete D
Are there any dragon teeth on the road or just 3 lines 160mm apart. Pete D
Joe88
Lines pete D
jimster
I take it there are sensors on either side?

In rear facing mode, Truvelo cameras work as follows:
  • Sensors in the road record the time at which the vehicle crosses them.
  • The time difference between sensors 1 and 3, and between sensors 2 and 4, is calculated. These measurements are used to calculate the speed of the vehicle.
  • If the vehicles's speed is above a preset threshold (eg. 30mph) then two photographs are taken.
  • These photographs show the vehicle's position in relation to the check marks on the road.

Truvelo cameras are less common than Gatso cameras in Greater Manchester, but are used in locations where front facing cameras are more suitable.

The cameras themselves are rotated among the housings, allowing us to target resources where they are most needed and provide best coverage of the road network. It is safest to assume that any camera can be live at any time.

http://www.drivesafe.org.uk/index.php/home...lo-front-facing
3phase278
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Wed, 8 Aug 2012 - 09:11) *
Aye but truvelo is front facing not rear facing!

type approval for both front and rear - west mids i've seen a few rotated for rear

quote: IMPORTANT: it is a strict type approval condition that a magenta filter is used forfront photography. It is not required for rear photography. However, Truvelorecommends that the magenta filter is used for both front and rear photography so as toavoid any possibility that when changing the camera housing from rear facing to fiontfacing the magenta filter is not replaced.Camhi Smc Operators Manual v 1.5 Sept 05 Copyright Truveln (UK) Ltd ° 16

link: http://www.safetycamera.org/Content/filema...MC%20MANUAL.pdf
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.