Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: newham PCN appeal over 56 days to reply?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
infiniti
Hi everyone and thanks in advance for your help.

I was visiting a friend in Newham on 5th May 2012 and had a visitor's parking permit in my car however it had slipped down from view and I received a PCN. I sent an appeal by fax to the stated fax number on the 15th May and then didn't hear anything back. I called up Newham parking enforcement on the 11th July and after they identified my PCN they told me that even though they received the fax on the 15th they actually only processed it as received on the 23rd May 2012!!

Lo and behold I received a letter a couple of days later stating that I was still liable for the PCN with said letter dated 11th July 2012 ie the same date that I phoned up which was 57 days after I had faxed them my appeal. I actualy received the letter in duplicate and both envelopes are postmarked the 12th July 2012.

I may be being very cynical however I am curious had I waited another week whether the date that they would have processed receipt of my fax would have also been deferred by another 7 days?!

Can anyone help me to understand whether I have the right to tell them they did not reply in time based on the date which I sent the fax, of which I have a confirmation receipt.

Many thanks for your help and advice
Incandescent
Post up all the paperwork including the PCN, and we can go from there. I assume your fax was an informal appeal, i.e you had not received the Notice to Owner.
Hippocrates
Post up all the docs.

So we do not confused:- informal challenge(s) against a PCN, formal representation against a Notice to Owner, appeal to PATAS against a Notice of Rejection.
infiniti
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Sat, 21 Jul 2012 - 15:08) *
Post up all the paperwork including the PCN, and we can go from there. I assume your fax was an informal appeal, i.e you had not received the Notice to Owner.

Hi and thanks incandescent and hippocrates unfortunately my scanner doesn't work so will have to use someone else's tomorrow - however you are correct in that I hadn't received a Notice to owner - my fax was in response to receiving the PCN so I assume it was an informal challenge - does that have an impact on the 56 day time limit?

Thanks
bama
56 day limit does not apply to informal challenges against a TMA PCN handed to the driver/stuck on the car.
digital camera pics work as well as a scanner - in close-up/macro mode so the pics are in focus.
infiniti
Thanks as well Bama, just took photos and editted out all the personal details and found out that the file size was too big!!! d'oh! will work something out and post this morning.

Thanks
I am Weasel
QUOTE (infiniti @ Tue, 24 Jul 2012 - 08:46) *
Thanks as well Bama, just took photos and editted out all the personal details and found out that the file size was too big!!! d'oh! will work something out and post this morning.

Thanks

do not attach the images, but host them on a site such as tinypic and link to here with an "[IMG] tag"

See the sticky topics on how to do this
infiniti
OK, here we go (thanks 'I am a weasel')

PCN front:
PCN Back:

Voucher front:
voucher back:

PCN Fax:

CouncilReplyp1:
CouncilReplyp2:
CouncilReplyp3:
CouncilReplyp4:
CouncilReplyp5:
Exiled Yorkshireman
Suggest you take down the image of the fax you sent, remove your name and address from the top left, and re-post smile.gif
infiniti
QUOTE (Exiled Yorkshireman @ Tue, 24 Jul 2012 - 22:37) *
Suggest you take down the image of the fax you sent, remove your name and address from the top left, and re-post smile.gif

Thanks, done!
Neil B
Your challenge was daft -- sorry but it was. You should never have mentioned the permit slipping out of view. Always leave things to Councils to come up with; Honesty does you no favours in this game.

I'm sure someone will tear that sign to pieces; we've found fault with it before. Conflation of a 2 hour limit for p&d and permits - when it doesn't apply to permits?

There's an argument this should also have been a code '16' 'parked in a permit space or zone'.
Although Newham call their CPZs 'Resident Permit Zones' there are numerous types of permit in use in 'S' zone --- so that isn't a Residents or shared use(meaning also p&d) bay. It IS a permit bay.

If any part of the VP was visible, making it obvious one was displayed, then you might also argue for code '19' - displaying invalid --.

-----

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.